❅braids❅

Your POV

I groan when my alarm chimes painfully loudly next to me. I finally fell asleep at 3am this morning, only to be waken what feels like immediately after. Next to me, I feel Timmy slowly move to sit up. I make no effort to turn off the alarm. My body feels so warm and heavy in the blankets.

I open my eyes only a fraction of an inch to see Timmy's long arm reaching over me, hitting the snooze button on the alarm. It stops and I almost fall asleep immediately, my eyes heavily closing again.

"Y/N," he whispers.

I snap back to consciousness, but don't answer.

He reaches over and lightly shakes my shoulder.

"Y/N... come on... you have to get up..." he whispers softly.

I groan and roll onto my back, finally opening my eyes all the way. He looks so cute, sitting there in the dark, his hair all ruffled up from sleep. It's a sight worth opening my eyes for.

"I did not sleep well," I complain, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You didn't?"

"No, I just had one of those nights where you think and think and think and think..." my voice trails off and I yawn.

"I'm sorry." He reaches over and rubs my cheek lightly with his thumb, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I shake my head slowly.

"It's okay," I say tiredly.

"Well..." he checks his phone. "Okay, let me get y/d/n ready for today," he tells me, looking back up.

"No, you don't have time for that... really, it's fine," I say, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing.

"Yeah I do. It will be fine. Really, just take your time this morning. You'll still have to drive her, but seriously, don't worry about it this morning. You do this all the time. I'll have plenty of extra time before I have to go anyway," he says. That's not true. He hurries off the bed before a can protest and leaves our room quickly, shutting the door behind him and leaving me standing there alone in the dark.

I flick the lamp light on next to me.

It will be nice to just take my time getting ready without worrying about y/d/n. She just started her first year of school, and balancing her new schedule with ours has been kind of demanding. I usually get her ready and take her to school, working around my own schedule because Timothèe's is always changing. He's home now, and filming nearby, but his call times are so early and he barely has time to get himself out the door, let alone
y/d/n.

But I'm so tired right now that I just let him take this for me. I slowly walk over to our closet and dress myself, giving myself time to wake up instead of flicking on bright lights and intaking copious amounts of caffeine like I usually do. I take my time to pick out clothes that I should've laid out last night before walking to the bathroom attached to our room. In the hallway, I hear Timmy taking y/d/n out of her bedroom.

I smile as I hear them. It makes me a little sad not to be the one to wake her up in the morning when she's all calm, loving, and sleepy.

I take my time once again, doing a full skincare routine and applying my makeup carefully. It feels good not to slap on random products and hope for the best, to really take my time on my own appearance rather than piecing together outfits and hairstyles for y/d/n.

Thirty minutes later, I'm tying my hair into a low bun with a clip, and then I'm ready to leave.

I walk out of the bathroom and out of our bedroom, throwing my pajamas in the hamper on my way out.