이십 육: Happiness

"Na Jaemin?"

Jaemin heard voices. Voices that he can't seem to recognise. "Jaemin?" The voice sounded like his childhood. A voice he wants to keep listening to. A voice that he could never forget.

"Maybe if I am your friend, you'll talk to me." The pink hair said, his hand outreached and a bright smile on his face. "What do you say," He walked into the water, trying to seem more convincing. "Friend?"

The brown-haired male hesitated, his hand, unsure as he reached out slowly.

Before he manages to grab it, his name was called. His mother, asking him to go back. The taller reached out for the other's hand and grab it, giving it a small squeeze. "Remember me okay?"

"Jaemin." The voice got clear as he shifted slightly, moving his fingers. Then, he felt a hand grab his, warm and soft. "Please wake up..." Jaemin tried to respond, moving his body more. However, he felt stiff. A wave of weakness hit him. "Don't leave me." He fought it, the pain as he desperately opened tried to open his eyes. Everything was blurry as he tried to focus on the things in the room.

Wood. A wooden hut. The soft bed that he identified as a queen-size bed. The one he shared with the love of his life. The young boy he met by the waterfall. Lee Donghyuck. Prince...

"Haechan.." He crocked out, throat dry as he started coughing, reaching out. He felt the warmth left his hand as he was slowly lifted and given a glass. Jaemin's vision cleared, identifying the worried male in front of him. "Prince Haechan..." The brunette smiled, relieved as he watches the other male saying his name. "Yeah, I'm right here."

The other breathed out as he hugged the pink hair. "I'm so glad you're alive." "What..?" The other said, confused. "I should be saying that to you." Haechan shook his head, grabbing both of his hands. "You took so much to save me and fainted." He then looked up at the other, meeting eyes. Oranges met milk chocolate, smiling gratefully. "If it wasn't for all of you. I don't think I would have."

"What-" Before Jaemin could question further, the door swung open and three people came in. "Is he awake yet?" The oldest said as he walked in, a bowl of strange-looking substance in his hands. The other two came in, one curious and the other guilty. "Yeah, he just woke up," Haechan said, looking at the blondish orange-haired. Sighs of relief could be heard as Renjun passed the soup to Jaemin. "Thank gods." Taeil let out as he smiled, thankful.

"Here drink this," Renjun said, passing the strange liquid at Jaemin. At this point, Jaemin didn't question the colour anymore. He drank the substance, feeling the effects immediately. His body felt regenerated as the minty freshness hits his taste buds, a subtle taste of a flower touched his tongue as the aftertaste of oranges remains. The pink hair made a face when the flower scent hits him. "That's a weird taste," Jaemin admitted, drinking water after the process. "Yeah, but doesn't medicine always taste weird?" The wizard replied, taking the bowl outside.

"Are the rest of you alright?" Jaemin asked. After Haechan said that he fainted, he was concerned that the others were in the same situation. However, his doubts were reassured as Taeil replied. "Yeah, we are. You were trying to heal Haechan for a long time, so you took the most damage. Everyone else was weak but didn't faint."

To that, the pink hair nodded before meeting his eyes with Mark. The black hair looked down, twiddling with his fingers nervously. "Mark?" The red-eyed male straighten up nervously as he tried to smile politely, "Y-yes?" Jaemin unconsciously let out a laugh, making the other more nervous. "Sorry I didn't mean to laugh. You were just so polite suddenly."

"O-Oh, yeah... I just wanted to prove that I'm sincere. I am truly sorry," Mark bowed as he continued, "It was awfully reckless of me. Just to get what I want, I caused so much pain to all of you. I'm terribly sorry and would do anything just to make up for it." Jaemin's eyes widened at Mark's gestures and words, pleasantly surprised.

He looked at Taeil for confirmation. The oldest nodded as he directed his eyes to Haechan. "Do what feels right, Jaemin." The brunette said, grabbing the other's hand. He then rubbed it gently in the process. "You said...Anything right?" The pink-haired said a slightly sadistic tone coat his voice.

"Yes! Anything." Mark repeated, proving he meant it. "Then I want you to find a pile of mud and roll in it like a pig." "What-?!" Haechan tried to hold in the laugher as he watches Mark's face in horror, shocked by his words. "Wait wait...really?" Mark questioned again, not believing it.

"Yeah, really." Jaemin's voice had a playful undertone to it. Haechan buried his head to prevent his laughter from escaping and Taeil was amused. "O-okay..." Mark replied defeated as he was about to head out, he was quickly pulled back by the elder. "They were joking, Mark. Don't actually do it." Taeil said bluntly as the other's face slowly turned red.

"What?!"

"Geez, you ARE slow." Haechan half laughed, half spoke. He had buried himself in Jaemin's shirt. Unable to control his laughter. "Well-! I'm sorry." The black hair huffed, letting out a sigh after. "It's okay. As long as you're willing to help us restore our Kingdoms and Atlantia. I'll forgive you." Mark straight up once again, this time determined. "Yes, sir!"

-

"Are you sure you're better?" Haechan asked, softly. His small soft hand in the other's big one. "Yeah, so much better with you around." Jaemin threw a flirtatious line as the brunette blushed, looking down. "C-Cheesy." Jaemin laughed, squeezing the other's hand as they walk. The moonlight reflected against the river, the waterfall where Haechan swam to the south sector from. Where they first met.

"You know, it's funny," The shorter said, sitting next to the river. "What is dear?" The pink-haired said looking at the other. "How we met," Haechan said, dipping his legs into the water. "I never thought I would meet someone so far from me. I'd never thought I would meet the one." The brunette looked at the other, his eyes filled with love. "Never thought I would meet you." Jaemin blushed slightly, bashfully replying, "Yeah, it's strange." "How people from two different world meet and," The taller move closer to Haechan, speaking again. "Fall in love."

Haechan giggled, euphoria filling him. "It really is." Jaemin looked up at the moon, it was bright today. "Though, I'm glad." The brunette kept his eyes on the other not leaving. "I'm glad I asked you to be my friend." Jaemin got closer to Haechan's face. "I'm glad you like me like how I do. It was so close that the brunette could feel the other's breath. "I'm glad

I met you." Jaemin whispered, looking straight into the orange orbs. Haechan smiled as he gestured once again. Pointing to his lips as he did the first time they confessed. "You want me to kiss that?" The brunette nodded this time, smiling.

The gap between them closed as they shared a sweet exchange. Never letting go.

"No words can describe the happiness I'm feeling right now."

Hey guys! The story has now unfortunately come to an end!😞 I hope you guys have enjoyed and thank you for the reading the story until now!🥰💕 Thank you for being so supportive!
Lots of love✨💖,
Y.Jh