십칠: Off

"Did you think you're safe?" Mark laughs as he checked the ball of blue light he held on his hands. "Oh, my pretties...you did well." He said looking through the eyes of his beloved crows as they flew towards him. "You made a big mistake. Prince Donghyuck." The black hair's voice deepens as he walks towards the throne room, wanting to convey his message to the king.

That was when he heard a conversation that made his blood boil.

"He was the one that sends those crows towards your maid, your highness!" A voice is so familiar. Slightly high but playing innocent. Mark peeked in only to see the one and only.

Kim Jungwoo.

"He wanted to escape from telling you his plans and then...we were just about to leave before those wicked things. Just thinking about them make me shake. Oh!" The orange hair said as his eyes were coated with a gleam. Doyoung keeping quiet in the process. The youngest balled up his fists and he stared at them. Fire burning through his gaze.

"Is that true, Lord Doyoung?" King Lee questioned the raven who had to remain silent before he was nudged by the other. "...Yes, my lord," Doyoung said looking down. He couldn't resist the younger's charm. Even if it isn't right.

"F**ckers," Mark swore underneath his breath as he watches the king's reaction. Hoping he would take his side. Instead, the other said this, "How dare him?! I treated him as my son and he did that?! I swear he'll-" The king went on scolding Mark. Behind his back. As the words got harsher, Mark was filled with even more fury. 'You. Believed those people. Instead of me?' He thought as his eyes started turning red. 'I see how this goes.' Mark thought, knocking the door.

"Come in this instant, Mark Lee!" The king roared as the black hair walked in thoughts in his head. 'You better watch out. King Prosper.' "Yes, my king?" Mark faked a smile as he bowed towards the king. "What's the meaning of this?! Did you send crowds to attack my maid? How could you! After everything I have done for you?!"

'You didn't do shit. I did all the work.'

The black hair lowered his head as he apologised. "Sorry, my king. It was an accident. It will never happen again." After the apology, Mark glanced over at the other two in the room. The orange hair gave a triumphant smirk as the other looked away from him, guilty and victorious stood by them, And Mark hated both. But he still gave an apology to the guilty and victorious while he cursed in his mind. "It better not! You cannot escape from telling me your plan! So spit it out!"

'Oh? You still want a part of this. Fine. You can have your moment.'

"I saw them on the beach. And I think they are planning to escape with the help of the wizard of the west."

'For now.'

~

The brunette couldn't sleep. He sat on the bed hearing the rain hit the windowpane as he looked outside the window. The moon full and bright for him, shining pure white. He tried to sleep two hours ago but it was fruitless. He couldn't stop thinking about what's going to happen the next day. When they had that conversation, a few hours ago.

"Did any of you hear that?" Taeil questioned as they headed back to the hut. It was late but they couldn't stop thinking ever since they had their break, it felt like something else had happened. "Hear what?" Chenle said, not knowing anything. "Cawing," Renjun answered, folding his arms. "Like...crows?" Jaemin asked as he tilted his head. "Yeah," Renjun said seriousness coated his tone. "Not only that. Their eyes...were not normal." "Did you think Mark-"

"Yes," Renjun answered again before Jisung could finish his sentence. "Oh god..." Chenle said, now worried. "Well, what do you suggest we do now, Donghyuck?" Everyone's eyes are on the brunette as he gave a thought.

Yes. this is a big problem. Especially since Mark knows where they are located then. Also, he was aware that Renjun is with them. And that's a bigger problem.

But he just might have a solution.

"Renjun hyung, you can make portals right?" Haechan signed as he looked the orangish blonde, "Well yes but the things is, sometimes my portals have side effects..." "Like?" Jeno questioned.

"Well... it brings you to the place that you desire the most. " Renjun admitted, looking down. "But you were able to bring us all to the beach so how does that work?" Taeil questioned, folding his arms. "That's because I know that place well and it's near but..." Renjun paused as he looked up. "Things like this...ain't very easy..." Haechan nodded as he signed. "Well that's alright, We'll just split then." The older nodded back as he said, "Well then I offer 4 people. The rest have to stay here. Is that fine?"

All of them agreed as Taeil spoke up. "Jisung and I will stay here. To protect this hut and in case Mark decided to come by." The older looked at the orange hair who nodded in agreement. "Well, that settles then. Tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, we'll go." Renjun said as he clapped his hands, smiling. "Let's now not think about it and get some rest okay?"

'Get some rest he said...' Haechan thought, hearing the pitter-patter of the rain. That was when his thoughts were interrupted by the pink hair's groan. 'Oh no. Did I wake him up?' "Hey, babe... why are you still awake?" Jaemin said, hugging the brunette from behind. Haechan blushed at the pet name before shaking his head. Signalling 'It was nothing.'

"You sure?" The other said against his neck as he buried his face in it. Haechan nodded as he touched the other's hands around his torso. "Nah." The pink hair pulled the other down under the covers. Haechan's back touching the other's chest. "Don't but too nervous, alright baby?" Haechan turned to face the other, his eyes meeting the other's kind gaze as he nodded, smiling in the process.

With that, he laid on the other's chest. The other's heart pumped steadily as he snuggled closer. Hearing the steady rhythm of his love's heart, he drifted to sleep.

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. Unfortunately, I have been busy lately 😕 😞. But I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Thank you for reading~☆
Lots of love 🥰💫,
Y.Jh