이십 삼: Warzone

"Foolish," Mark said under his breath as he saw the plan being carried out. How Haechan and the south sector was getting ready to defend their land. Their determined expressions mocking him. The black hair was not having any of it. "All of you are still going to fail. Everything is going to be mine." He walked to his crows, petting them as he thought. 'And only mine. All of you are going to regret it once I'm in power.' Mark walked towards the throne room as he approached the king, telling him everything. 

As expected, King Lee was furious.

"Looks like they want to play the hard way, my king," Mark said, expression serious as his red eyes looked up. "Then, let us play it the hard way too. We shall destroy the south sector like how we got rid of Atlantia."  Mark smiled to himself. The king was falling right into his hands. He had an alibi and nothing to lose. 'And everything, everyone will belong to me.' 

"I suggest we make a move now, your highness. After all, it seems like they are moving fast." The black hair said as the king gave his consent. Setting off as soon as possible. 

~

"Do you think this plan would work?" The village chief asked, unsure. "It doesn't look like we have a choice, father. Besides, we have to give our all. This is our last hope in keeping our sacred land." Jaemin replied, pulling up the last rope and tying it in place. Haechan gave a nod in agreement as he looks through the plan, making sure everything is intact. "Alright. Let's do this." The pink hair male faced the other as he nodded, holding hands with him. They both took a deep breath, saying the spell in their heads. A protective barrier for extra measures. 

It was then, they heard people coming. An army. Not just any army, but the ones that belong to the 'Lee' kingdom. Haechan's eyes turned orange, a mad expression crossed his face as he saw them lining up. Their green flags raised high, white horses galloped with several soldiers on them. Armour clanking in the process as their swords was raised. Huge blackbirds flew in the air, cawing angry as they charged towards the barrier. Forcing themselves inside. Magic-users rode the birds, casting spells and curses to break it, chanting angrily as black smoke filled the air. 

"Everyone! Positions now!" The village chief shouted as the villagers ran into their places, some scrambled while others shoved. It was too sudden and everything was a mess. The brunette gulped as he watches the chaos happen as he tried to hold the barrier up. It was getting weaker as time passes. He had never done magic on such a large scale before and it was taking a toll on him. He turned to look at Jaemin, who was closing his eyes in pain. It looks like he couldn't hold it either.  It was too much for them. And they needed help. 

Big time.

'Renjun...' Haechan thought as he started to sweat, squeezing Jaemin's hand tightly. They were going harder and more constant as King Lee shouted for them to hurry. And two people could hold them all. Neither can the non-magic users. "Oh, gods." Jaemin let out through gritted teeth as open his eyes them glowing like rose quartz. 'Please...' Not being able to hold it in anymore, Haechan mind linked, literally begging for help. 'Please...hyung-'

"Boom!" 

A huge crash could be heard as the king personally destroyed the barrier, sending both of them in the wind. Haechan held a grip to one of the houses as he struggled to grab hold of Jaemin.

And the brunette couldn't hold his voice anymore. He had to call out to the other. He had to signal him. He just had to...

"Jaemin!" Haechan screamed, his voice cracking as he did. Cold sweat dripped down his forehead as Jaemin grabbed the other's arm. Almost slipping, they held onto each other like their lives depended on it. The taller was in shock, his eyes big and wide. "You just said my name..."  The brunette managed to get him to the ground as he panted, looking at the other. He was as breathless as he was. "You can speak..."  Haechan opened his mouth, wanting to reply. However, it was too late. The pink hair was flung to the other wall as a figure stood before Haechan.

Mark Lee. 

"Not anymore."  Mark's eyes turned a wicked crimson red as he walked towards Jaemin. "How could you? Take him from me. He was supposed to be mine. Suppose to be with me. And you

destroyed everything." 

Haechan growled, blocking the black hair. Ruby eyes met Carnelian ones.  "Leave him alone, Mark."  The other's eyes showed an amusement expression. "So you can speak... yet you never spoke to me."  A blast of magic shocked the older backwards as he swore. The blue cape flowing as Haechan stood over him. "I have nothing to say to f**ckers like you," Mark shouted in anger as he pushed the younger into the ground, his eyes filled with fury. "You'll regret this." 

Magic blasted in colours of gold and white as Mark yelled in pain, falling to the ground. "I don't think so, Mark Lee." A dominating voice said as the black hair struggled to pull the chains off him. His eyes turned to look, a smirk formed on his face as he did.

"Wizard of the West and the Moonchild," Mark let out a laugh. "I see. All of you made allies. To fight me." More laughter filled the air as Mark looked over their shoulders. "You are all fools."  Before any of them could move someone shouted a spell behind them. "Azelemier!"  Jaemin and Taeil fell to the ground in command as Renjun held up, white light clashing with the magic. Causing it to disintegrate. "King Prosepher." 

"I'm surprised you didn't fall," The king floated towards Renjun as he backed up, his leg landing into the stream. "It looks like I have to take you down too."  The king laughed as he swung his aqua green sword at the other who blocked it with his arm. The sword made an ugly deep cute into his arm, almost breaking the bone. It bled profusely as a white light surrounded him.  "F**ck," Renjun swore as he hit the water. His wound stinging as it bled into the water. 

"Not so strong now huh..." King Prosepher stood over the orangish blonde hair, towering over him as he raised his blade "Prepare to die."

Renjun closed his eyes and got ready for the worse as the blade got closer to him. Ready to strike.

Not so fast, King." 

Hey guys! Here's another update to the story! I hope you enjoyed it~ Thank you so much for the support and I'll update again soon. Until then, goodbye!
Lot of love 🥰❤,
Y.Jh