열 다섯: Outrage

"What?!" The King roared as Mark bowed down in front of him explaining the situation. "How could you let them getaway! You useless imbecile!" His voice was so loud even the maids on the third floor could hear him, shivering in fear. The guards straighten up a little more as Doyoung sighed. He had taken off his hearing aid as not to damage his ear even more. However, he knew just why the King was so enraged.

Mark had failed him again.

Or so he says.

Those two are seemingly in cahoots always working together even though Mark was just a year older than the prince. It seems like Mark was always more favoured than the King's son himself. His blood and soul. Haechan was always rebellious, disgusted at his father's plan of being the most powerful living creature in the world and destroying everyone else. And for what you ask?

Power.

Power was the key to it all.

Supposedly, the king wants the be the most powerful. Have all the kingdoms in his hands and all of them obeying, bowing to him. And Mark. Mark saw it as an opportunity. To be in his favour. And that's exactly what he did.

They had slain sector after sector. The east and south. Underground and above. The king had asked Mark to get rid of all of them. Because they didn't listen to him. The east sector was full of money and gold. A thriving sector in terms of the economy and the human factor. And the King wants all of it. So he had Mark slaughter them, him acclimating his power.

Making them have fair trade.

However, this time Mark couldn't keep the bait from leaving his cage and was now treated as an outsider. Making this a toxic partnership.

Doyoung let out another sigh. He didn't want to be there. To be involved in their schemes. He just didn't want to be deemed as a traitor and served consequences. He was merely just a lord and had no say. Despite that, his Butler says otherwise.

"Lord, I think we should stop them," Jungwoo whispered to the raven's right ear. "Stop them from what?" Doyoung said, frustrated. "Taking the south sector and going after the prince!" Doyoung took a deep breath before shaking his head. "What can we do, Jungwoo? We are small compared to the throne. The person's who is closest to the throne is even treated like dirt. Moreover, a small sector like ours." Doyoung drank his tea before he continued. "Besides, the lord of the south sector had agreed to be taken over themselves. We can't do anything about that." "That's because they are scared!" The older shrugged before drinking his tea again, making his bulter pout, thinking again.

"I apologise for my mistake, my king. It won't happen again." Mark said as he bowed down further, closing his eyes. "What are you going to do to fix this?" The king asked with dominance, his sea-green eyes glowing. "I have an idea," Mark said looking up. "Well? Go on then."

"But we have to stop them-!" The orange repeated, looking around to distract them from their evil plan. "It's useless Jungwoo. Mark will always win. Besides they don't listen to anyone. That's why we are in such a mess now." Doyoung said, folding his arms. And that struck an idea. "Let's make a mess." The younger said as dragged Doyoung. "What?! Are you crazy?" Jungwoo smirked as his eyes turn blue. "Not really." Doyoung swallowed as he shook his head, trying to get out of his grasp. "We can not do this-" "Yes. Yes, we can." Jungwoo called for the birds as their eyes glowed blue like his, "Go my minions."

"So I suggest we should-" Before Mark could finish his sentence, a maid started screaming. "Get it off of me!!" "What was that?" The king said as he narrowed his eyes. "I'll go find out, your highness." The red-eyed said before heading upstairs. Jungwoo let out a laugh as he saw the bird attacking the maid that was cleaning the balconies, vigorously swatting as they pecked on her. "Yeah, you are crazy..." Doyoung said as he tried to stop the birds. "No. Don't stop them." Doyoung's eyes widen at that statement before frowning. "No! The king would find out!" "Then. Let's just leave." Jungwoo smiled as he grabbed the other's hand. "I don't like this..." The taller laughed as the young carried his lord to the roof. "Don't worry. I'll catch you, babe."

Mark let out a growl as he knew what happened. "Kim Jungwoo. You little-!"Mark took a deep breath, trying to calm down. Before his eyes glowed red, trying to control the birds to stop. The black hair smirked as he realised he played right into the other's hands. "The world against me, huh?" His eyes glowed red as he laughed. "It's fine. I'll have the world in my hands in no time."

He grabs the birds as he smiled at the maid, saying "Sorry about that. You can go now." He looked at the black crows grovelling the seeds he has on his hands. "You guys could be helpful." His eyes glow more as he healed them in no time. The crows look at him as if waiting for orders before he realised them. "Go. To find the prince. And come back to me." They cawed loudly as they flew far and further. Towards the forest and beyond.

"You'll regret running away with that villager, Prince Haechan. When the south sector is gone. Your precious little boy would be gone." White smoked appears in his hands as he saw through the eyes of the crows.

"And you'll be gone too."

Hey guys! Here's a little chapter on Mark's part. Sorry for not updating last week! Was a little busy but the chapter is here now! :) Hopefully, you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading it!
Love💕,
Y.Jh