one

They knew this was going to happen. The two families knew that this would happen one day. However this was expected a lot less sooner, almost generations away. Who it would hit was up to fate, though it was assured from the beginning on that this would happen.
It needed to be done at some point.

It was destined for that to happen one day.
Destined that the two families become one.
A forced destiny one might say.
An arranged marriage.

The oath between the two very wealthy families the Tomlinsons and the Styles was made many decades ago.

Both of the families own big and international companies which invest their time and money in a lot of different things such as stock markets, travel agencies which include big hotels around the world, car dealers and security companies...
They were basically active in every different department and therefore they made a lot of money.

The two founders of the companies were best friends and the oath was the following...

When the time has come and when in need of help the two following inheritors will have an arranged marriage and put their own desires aside to help out the companies.

The curse that held a strong grip on two random, innocent souls would be the savior of their legacies.

Two innocent souls with a forced destiny.

This oath was forgotten after all of these years, it never even slipped in mind that it would be needed.

But then it was needed.

In the last few years it felt like there had been a curse on the Tomlinson family. The loss of two family members shocked everyone and made the world stand still. His ex-wife and daughter had passed away. It had felt like darkness had over come the family and dragged them into a hole of hopelessness.

The family decided to take a long break to collect themselves and work this out, be there for one another.

That is when the Tomlinson enterprise had also suffered from the damage. Numbers where dropping, partnerships were breaking and the whole company was on it's best way of colliding in on itself. But Mark Tomlinson the current owner of the company couldn't care less, he had to care for his family.

That's when it was needed. That's when the offer has been made. Desmond Styles the current owner of the Styles enterprise remembered his dear friend about the oath. He himself struggled with the deaths and knew he had to be there for his friend, just like plenty of their ancestors before were there for one another. After a lot of back and forth Mark gave in knowing it was the only solution, given into the fact that the crumbling of one company could resolve in a crash of both companies since they were tied to each other.
However they weren't one company, yet.

So with a heavy heart and an unbearable amount of guilt they decided to take on two innocent lives and make a life long decision for them.

But what could they say, their destinies were written in their last names.

———————————————————————————

(December 2020)

Some time had passed. The Tomlinsons were doing better. They just celebrated the following inheritors 29th birthday. A man by the name of
Louis William Tomlinson.

He was a very caring, loving guy and always watched out for his family first. He had a personality one might consider as golden and he had a strong sense for what's right and what's wrong. However he didn't always act right nor did he like to be put in his place and told what to do. He had a mind of it's own and a strong, fearless character. Besides being a complete goofball.