eleven

Haz

(January 4, 2021)

"Well you're sleeping together now."

What was that supposed to mean? Did she hear herself?

Confusion was written over both of the men's pale faces. The words that left Anne's mouth startled Louis to the point where he wasn't even tired anymore. Both of their heads snapped to look at each other, as if to see if the other one heard that as well.

They were both rooted to their place, looking like two deers caught in the headlights. Harry's stomach twisted.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, his deep voice ringing through the kitchen.

Lottie, Gemma and the twins didn't say anything, just watching the scene in front of them.

"I mean that Louis is going to sleep in your room, with you." Anne answered, as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Anne I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't make any sense. At home we are alone, nobody sees us." Louis noted, arms still crossed and lips pressed into a thin line.

Harry pointed at Louis with raised eyebrows while looking at his mother, showing her that he agrees with him.

"Look I understand you guys, but I need you to understand me as well. You are married now, you're going to sleep in the same bed for the rest of your lives." Anne started.

Louis shot a quick glance at Harry, but as soon as their eyes met Harry looked at the floor, as if it was forbidden for him to look.

"I know that no one sees you here, but this will help your relationship and this way you'll get used to each other's presence. It will make everything easier in public." Anne explained with a pitiful expression, it almost looked like she was forced to say this.

"Whatever let's just go to sleep." Harry said looking at Louis, earning a nod from him.

Louis walked ahead after saying "Good night." to everyone and just when Harry was about to follow him his mother grabbed him by the arm.

"Harry please, you need to be receptive. He is your husband now." She whispered.

He knew that, and he knew what she meant, but this all seemed to be to much after a day like this one.

Harry just patted Anne's hand that was on his arm and then left the kitchen without another word.

When he followed Louis' steps he saw him waiting for him at the stairs. They silently walked up the stairs, it was as awkward as the first time they walked up the stairs together. Except this time Harry wasn't leading Louis to his room, this time he lead him to their room.

He opened the door for Louis, letting him step in first.

"This is your room? This is huge." Were the first words that left Louis' mouth.

" Were the first words that left Louis' mouth