twenty-four

"You slept with my brother."

For someone who didn't, Louis felt awfully guilty. Maybe it was the way she looked at him, with that unreadable expression.

"Except I didn't."

Gemma's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief and she raised her hand, holding it in front of her.

"Why are you lying to me, I'm not blind nor am I stupid, Louis." She defended herself.

"As stupid as it sounds it's not what it looks like. Don't be so quick to assume things, Gem."

The woman took a step back and scoffed, crossing her arms. "Oh I'm sorry, you are right. My first thought should have been that you're a vampire and you're feeding of my brother, sorry my bad."

Louis had to resist the urge to roll his eyes. "Gemma it's kind of hard to explain, basically we..."

"Louis come on it's me, why don't you just tell me the truth." She asked waving her hands around. Gemma desperately wanted him to trust her, while Louis desperately tried to tell her the truth.

"Gemma will you shut up for a minute, I'm trying to explain myself. As much as you want me to do your brother, that's not what happened. The short story is we were drunk and I may have touched him up a bit, which I'm not proud of, so will you do me a favor and ignore the whole thing." Louis quickly spoke in one go, which was all a bit like incoherent blabbering for Gemma, but nevertheless she understood him. The way Louis was all serious about this made her grin like an idiot.

"Okay." Gemma whispered. She nodded, looking at the ground and trying to suppress her smile.

"Why? Why are you smiling now?" He asked with a breathless laugh.

"You know it's really hard to understand you when you are talking this fast."

Louis pressed his eyes shut and breathed out sharply. That voice haunted him in his dreams. He turned around and saw Harry leaning against the doorframe.

"You should be asleep."

"And yet I'm here. Also how could I ever miss you speaking literal gibberish, it's quite entertaining." Harry smiled as he walked up to them.

Gemma pressed her lips together, a weak attempt not to laugh. Louis turned back to her with a frustrated look on his face. "For the love of God, please take him with you." He begged and rushed out of the room before Harry could lay a hand on him, so instead Harry hugged his sister.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Harry asked her.

"Oh my God, I'm really not welcome in this house, am I?" She said as he pushed at his chest. "My friend got broken up with and I flew out here to visit her. I thought while I'm already here I could visit you guys, but you are clearly busy." She said poking at Harry's neck covered with hickeys.

"Gemma, enough!" Louis called out from the living room.

She looked at Harry with wide eyes like she just got caught stealing and Harry just shook his head.

Well shit...

————————————————————————

Gemma stayed over for a while, talking to her brother and his husband, however she restrained herself from making any innapropriate jokes. She knew that Louis was uncomfortable with it and after all she promised not to mention it. Her visit wasn't all to long though and after she left, Harry laid back down and Louis went on a call with someone.

"That was Zayn." Louis informed Harry as he sat down next to where Harry was laying. Harry hummed as an answer. He knew that Zayn wasn't so fond of him.