twenty-one

Lou

Regardless of them making up he still left. He went back home to Doncaster. It was a short trip, only a couple of days, but enough time to catch up with his family. Enough time to restore his energy. The lad didn't dare to talk about what had happened between him and Harry, mainly because he simple didn't want to talk about it. Also, he knew better than to run around telling his family that Harry ''cheated'' on him. It wasn't actually cheating, though their families would make a big fuss about it since Harry had broken a rule.

1. The spouses have to treat each other with respect at all times.

Sleeping with another person was definitely not an act of respect, however Harry wasn't the only one who broke a rule.

5. The spouses have to talk about their feelings and be honest with each other.

Louis was definitely not honest.

When his father had asked how everything was at home he became uneasy really quickly and started stuttering. He answered with a simple "Everything is good. We are getting to know each other." But meanwhile he was thinking of all the rules they had broken and all of the fights they had.

Luckily that had passed. Even if everything was still far from perfect, it was also not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. Maybe everything would turn for the better now. Unfortunately there was always the possiblity of things turning out worse than before.

The only thing he had left was hope. So he hoped for the better.

In total he was away for four days. He had enjoyed his time at home with his family, even though at times the bed felt cold. He forgot about his worries and felt pretty content.

On the flight back to LA he was thinking about who was waiting for him there. He wondered what he had done while Louis was gone. In someway he liked the thought of seeing him again. They had spent the past month and a half together and by now Louis got somewhat used to it. The thought of seeing him again put him at ease. He just hoped that things would be a bit different.

The two men had a rocky start, but the best friendships start with a ''I hate you'' instead of a ''I liked you the moment we met''.
Right?

Currently Louis was staring at their front door, to scared to put his key in the lock and open the door. Nevertheless he did. He opened the door and almost immediately he was encountered by a Harry who was jogging to the front door, like a dog who was waiting for their owner to come back.

Louis took in the sight of him. He knew that Harry was attractive, that was clearly visible, but for some reason he looked even better. Maybe because he hasn't seen him in a bit. His hair was beautifully done, as always. Overtime Louis had noticed that his hair was really important to Harry, especially if it looks good or not. Louis observed his face for a while. The feeling that was coursing through him came close to the feeling of seeing someone you had missed. After staring at his face his eyes wandered down his body. Fit as always.

Almost immediately after he looked around the hallway and past Harry, into the living room, as if he was searching for someone. He for some reason expected Harry to have someone over, but he was proven wrong by an empty house. No soul there other than the one standing in front of him.

Harry was looking at him with shining eyes, never blinking and keeping his gaze fixated on Louis. He looked like a wild animal that just spotted their prey. If Louis didn't know any better he'd think that Harry would attack him any moment now. They were staring at each other for what felt like hours, but in reality it was just a few, very intense, seconds.

Harry raised his right hand and waved at Louis, just like one would wave to someone that was far away. Louis wasn't far away though, actually just a couple of steps away from Harry, so Louis found his waving a bit weird. Maybe a little cute.