chapter: forty three

"I'm glad you came back, Jesse."

River was standing there, looking at me as I was sitting on a bed. I look around her room for a moment as I was trying to figure out what I was doing then noticed that I was in her room.

I didn't have an answer to give her as I looked back towards her before seeing her walk towards me.

Whatever she had in her hands were now being tossed to the floor without a care in the world. I saw her left hand on the jacket she had on, gently unbuttoning the buttons that were running down her torso.

After seeing Alexis and hearing everything about her past, I knew that if River was going through the same shit that Cameron and Jordan went through then maybe I have a chance of helping her in a some way.

"I needed to talk to you." She asks as she was now standing in front of me with her arms crossed.

I took her in as I stared up at her with no words coming out of my mouth as the woman in front of me was watching me, waiting for an answer.

"Are you going to say anything? Or should I make you even more speechless?"

She gently pushes me down onto the bed and hovers over me for a slit second before the bed started bouncing and I was hearing my name being screamed.

"Jesse!"

I jerked myself awake as I saw Eli over me, smiling at me and my eyes went wide before realizing something.

"I gotta go to the bathroom!" I yelled before pushing him off and running out the room.

"Don't you want breakfast!?" He yells.

-

I rubbed my eyes for the hundredth time this morning. It was too early for me and I wanted to sleep a little longer but of course since Eli doesn't work today I knew that wasn't a possibility.

"Here you go." Dad comes in and hands me some coffee

I smile at him before grabbing the mug and gently holding it in my hands. I sighed as the warmth was covering my hand, making my whole body feel relaxed.

It was too damn cold outside and this right here was the real shit.

Taking a sip, I sighed out in happiness as I felt the hot coffee run down my throat and hit my soul just right.

"I love coffee."

Dad chuckles from the other side of the couch. "I know."

I shook my head as I stared across the room, letting my mind run completely wild as I held onto my mug as tightly as I could.

"My baby girl." Dad smiles at me as I was sipping my coffee. I look over at him as he was watching me then he placed his mug down on the table. "Can't believe you're already twenty one. Seems like yesterday when we adopted you. Thirteen years old, still a little short and cute as a button."

"Dad." I shook my head as I heard him laugh.

He looks at me and smiles. "I love you, Jesse. I hope you know that."

"I love you too. Thank you for everything y'all do for me. Giving me love and attention. A home and a family."

I saw him move a little before pulling me towards him into a hug. I smiled as I held onto my mug behind him and rested my head against his shoulder.

We stayed in that position for a moment before he pulls back and smiles at me. "You'll always be my little girl no matter what. Remember that." He leans over and grabs his mug from the table before leaning back.