chapter: thirty

Girl Of My Dreams by Rod Wave^

I hid my face as Eli was laughing across the table. I was so close to jumping over the table and strangling him. I knew he was making a scene cause when I peeked up, I saw a few people looking over at us.

"Eli, shush for a moment." Naomi said, which makes me look over at them.

Eli looks at me and smiles before taking a sip of his drink. I shook my head then sighed as I messed with my straw in my drink and avoided eye contact with anyone.

"Don't make it such a big deal." Naomi said.

"I can't help it. I knew she was messing around with that woman."

I look at him for a moment. "I'm not messing around with her."

He leans his elbows on the table and smiles at me. "What do you call that? I saw you get out of her vehicle."

"How do you know it was her?" I saw him give me a confused look and I sighed. "She asked me for a ride." I saw them look at me with a confused look before I realized what I said didn't make sense. "I meant I- SHE asked ME if I wanted a ride."

Eli chuckles and Naomi slaps his arm. She looks at me and slightly smiles. "I'm sorry. I took a break from guys cause of this exact reason." I saw Eli look over at her and Naomi chuckles when she looks at him. "Anyways, she asked you if you wanted a ride?" I nod. "Just to ride around?"

"Ride around to ecstasy." Eli mumbled before being slapped on the arm.

Naomi holds up a finger. "I will slap you in the face next time." She shook her head. "Why are guys so immature?"

I smiled before leaning over a little. "That's why I'm gay."

She looks at him then lets out a breath before looking back at me. "Anyways, that was sweet of her to ask you if you wanted to ride."

Nodding, I grabbed my glass before taking a sip and looking around. We were at a restuarant, which was the one we usually always come to. It wasn't as crowded as the Cafe, cause that was where we were orginally going to go but we couldn't even walk in the door.

"That place is always crowded." Eli said when we were on our way here.

But this restuarant was perfect cause there wasn't that many people here.

"My stomach is growling." Eli said then he lightly hit his fist on the table. "Where's my food."

Naomi shook her head then smiled at me. "We should have a girls night out soon. Just us."

Eli looks over at her in a quick motion. "What about me?"

"Girls. Night." Naomi said. "Just us girls."

He looks at us for a moment before leaning back against the chair. "Yeah, there's something going on with y'all."

Shaking my head, I saw Naomi start saying something to him before feeling my phone vibrate. I saw a message from Instagram and I opened it to see who it was and what they wanted.

When I opened it, I stared at the phone for what felt like hours until I came back to reality and saw River's name on the top screen.

You left your skateboard in my car. I didn't see it until I got home. This was the only way I knew how to contact you.

Looking at the message for a moment, I slowly typed back then sat there as my heart was beating pretty damn fast.

Oh ok. I can come by and get it

After I had sent that and stared at the text, I realized that I would need to ask Eli for his car. I guess a car would come in handy in situations like this but how the hell was I suppose to know I would be in these situations.