chapter: twenty one

The next morning I was in such a great mood.

I woke up, took a shower, sung my lungs out while brushing my hair and got into some comfy ass clothes before racing downstairs.

Waking up alone is a habit I'm getting used to. Mom and dad, plus Eli all goes to work early where I wake up when I want to and get a text or call from one of my bosses to go work for the day.

It was a blessing.

Making coffee, I sat on the counter and enjoyed my coffee before getting on Instagram to see what's new. I hardly get on it but ever since River added me, I couldn't stay away from it.

Although she hardly ever gets on or posts things, I still just get on to see if she did or not.

I'm such a stalker sometimes.

But when it comes to her, I'm for sure a stalker. I don't understand why but that woman just..

The sound of my phone ringing made me jump as I was zoned out. I saw Alexis' number on my phone and smiled before answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jesse. What's up?"

"Sitting on my counter drinking coffee."

She chuckles. "Sounds great. Mind doing a few things for us today? Kaylee is coming home with her wife, so we want everything to be ready."

I smiled. "Sounds good. I'll be there soon."

"Thanks."

We hung up afterwards and I smiled as I finished my coffee. I look down at myself as I was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, which was too comfortable to change and it wouldn't matter if I wore this anyways.

I made sure I had my keys, phone and headphones. I grabbed my board on the way to the front door before making sure everything was off and locked up before leaving.

Skating down the sidewalk, I breathed in the nice, cold air as I loved this weather so much. I smiled as I looked around before making it to the end of the street and coming to a stop.

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I looked through my playlist as I was trying to find some music as I placed my headphones on and looked through the song list.

After finding a song, I placed my phone in my back pocket before looking up and feeling my whole body shut down when I saw River in her car, stopped in front of me.

"Hey," She slightly smiled as she looks at me. "do you need a ride somewhere?"

At this point, I thought that dream I had the other night was coming true and on the inside I was freaking out. I looked around before looking back at her as she was waiting for my answer.

"Uh.. sure." I kicked my skateboard up before grabbing it and opening the passenger door. I got in before placing my board on the floor and putting my seat belt on.

After she drove away from the sidewalk, I look out the window before looking over at her. She glances at me and slightly smiles. "Where are we headed?"

"Richard street."

"That's not far."

Nodding, I look at her before looking out the window and feeling my heart pound in my chest. "So," I look over at her. "you got your car running?"

She nods. "Yeah, Sophie bought me a new battery and we changed it out this morning. I was on the way to the grocery story when I saw you." She shrugs. "You gave me rides, so I figured I'd return the favor."

I smiled then looked out the window as we were turning down the street. I looked around for a moment before looking over at her. "It's the fourth house down."