chapter: twenty two

"Is this place good?" I ask, looking around at how many people were here and even though it smelled amazing in here, I've never been here so I wasn't sure if the food here was good.

Naomi smiles at me. "Of course. Best food in town."

"Uh?" Eli looks at her. "The Cafe is known for amazing food."

I nodded. "That is true."

Naomi smiles then scrunches her nose up towards him. "Whatever. The food here is great though." She smiles at me.

Nodding, I honestly couldn't wait to eat. My stomach was making weird noises all the way here and Naomi kept asking if I was ok. I told her that my stomach was demanding food and I haven't had breakfast.

Coffee is my breakfast.

"I like coffee but how can someone drink it everyday?" Naomi asks. "It's good but is it really that good to drink it everyday?"

Eli shrugs then looks at me. "Jess loves coffee."

"This is true." I nod.

Naomi shakes her head. "Too much sugar."

Shrugging, I stirred my straw around until a waiter came to take our order. When I look up at him, I saw that it was that same guy that asked if I needed a ride that day and I kept seeing at the bar.

When he looks at me, he smiles before looking back at Naomi as she was talking. He was writing her order down then went to Eli before getting to me, which he was smiling at me.

I ordered a cheeseburger with fries and a water. I watch as he smiled at me before walking away and that's when Naomi called me out on it.

"That guy was staring hard at you and smiling."

Eli looks at us before turning his head to look at the guy. He looks back and chuckles. "Too bad Jess isn't interested."

I rolled my eyes before picking up my drink and taking a sip. I look out the window as we were sitting near one and I watch a few cars go by.

"How's it going with that one girl?" Naomi asks.

I look towards her and gave her a confused look. "Who?"

"The one that works at the bar?" She glances at Eli before looking back at me.

"Nothing is really going on between us."

"You do like her, right?"

Shrugging, I wasn't about to even start talking about this. I knew I liked her but my emotions get all jumbled up when she's mentioned or when she's around. "I don't even know. I don't know her enough to like her."

Naomi smiles at me. "You don't necessarily need to know someone to like them."

I saw Eli smiling at me as he was taking a sip of his drink. He knew that ever since I saw this woman, she's been on my mind and I've been liking her maybe a little, tiny bit.

But he doesn't know the encounters I've had with her for the past few weeks and I'll keep it that way cause he will never let that go.

"I don't know." I shrugged again before messing with my drink.

They started talking about things as I was zoned out with River on my mind. I kept staring at the table until a plate was sat in front of me and I instantly smiled.

I look up to see that guy setting the plates down before smiling at me and walking away. I grabbed a napkin and placed it in the collar of my shirt before grabbing my burger and taking the biggest bite out of it.