chapter: seventeen

The week passed and nothing exciting happened. Just like every other day, nothing happens. I was stuck at the house with nothing to do. I may have went to work a few times that week, but that was it.

We didn't go to the bar any this week, which I was glad cause I didn't have to see her.

Eli worked all week and our parents were at work, so I was at the house by myself most of the time. I didn't go out anywhere cause there was nothing to do and I had a fear of running into River again.

Ever since that night, I couldn't stop thinking about her or what I saw written on the folder. I should have never looked down at it cause it left me thinking about it all week.

I hardly slept cause my mind was full of too many thoughts. I was pretty much in a funk all week, avoiding going out and staying to myself at the house.

When I did work, I kept looking around in fear I'd see her but never did.

I knew I was crushing on her but I didn't want to.

Since I was alone, I had time to think about this fascination with her and realized that it was stupid. I found this woman, who I don't know at all just her name, interesting enough to keep thinking about her and seeing her everywhere I go.

But when I'm alone at the house, I tend to do stupid shit. I pretended I was fighting people, jumping over the couch and sliding down the stair railing. I almost broke one of mom's vases cause I was throwing a pillow and it hit the ceiling fan, which was spinning, then hit a vase but it didn't tumble over.

Even though I stayed in the house and tried entertaining myself, I ended up getting bored shortly after.

I was currently laying on the couch with my head upside down and my arms dangling from the side. I could feel the blood rushing to my brain but I didn't move a muscle.

After a moment, I heard my phone start ringing. I leaned up then felt really dizzy before grabbing my phone from the table and answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey sis, do me a favor?"

It was Eli.

"What?"

"There's a fifty dollar bill in my room on my dresser. I forgot it and I need you to bring it to the Cafe, please?"

I groan as I look around then sighed. "Sure. I wasn't doing anything anyways."

"I know." He chuckles. "Just hurry."

"You do realize I'm on a skateboard? The fastest I can go is when I go down a hill."

"Just hurry."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. See you then." I hung up then went upstairs to grab my board and some shoes. I walked to Eli's room, found the money then stuffed it in my pocket.

After I had everything, I walked outside and made sure the door was locked before putting the keys in my pocket. I walked down the driveway and to the sidewalk before tossing my board down and getting on it.

Skating down the street, I got onto the road a little before hopping back on the sidewalk when a car came down the road. I made sure to look out for her and if I even thought I saw her, I'd just keep skating and avoid seeing her.

I did pretty good considering I didn't see her not once as I made it to the Cafe without any issues.

Which is a good thing.

I got off my board then grabbed it before walking into the Cafe. It felt a lot better once I walked in cause that wind outside was ridiculous and I was freezing my ass off.