Chapter 39

[Y/n POV]

As I make my way back to the castle, I  begin to wonder whether i should have stayed with Draco or whether I did make the right decision. He's clearly in a lot of pain right now and needs someone to comfort him but he did also slap me and say that I never asked if he was okay or comfort him when he needed it, however I did.

"Y/n what happened?" Hermione questions me as I enter the castle.
"Nothing don't worry about it." I mumble back peevishly, keeping my gaze at the ground.
"But you have a bloody huge crimson mark on your cheek!" Ron retorts getting closer to me. "I SAID ITS NOTHING! Now can you all just leave me alone, please!" I yell back as I stop walking and stare back at all three of them. "Fucking bitch." Harry muffles under his breath hoping for me not to hear but I do. "Excuse me?!" I reply impendingly.
"I said fucking bitch! Always being so fucking secretive for no reason. Just wanting attention I think." Harry scruffs more confidently. "Excuse me I am not flamboyant!" I huff in disgust. Harry scoffs at my comment and before I could think about my actions, my wand  is being pulled out of my robes and pointed at Harry. "Flipendo!" I uncontrollably yell and Harry flies back and smacks into a brick wall before sliding back down to the ground inorganic. I stand motionless as both Hermione and Ron rush to our unconscious friend and before I can run off Dumbledore appears from round the corner and sees the scene. "Y/n come with me." He prevailed.

He gestures for me to sit down infront of his desk and I do. "Now tell me y/n, what happened?"
I'm just about to reply when Professor Snape comes pounding through the door. "They're here Albus they're here!" Albus' face drops inorganically as he stands up from his chair. "Gather everyone in the great hall!" He yells pointing towards the door.

"EVERYONE MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE GREAT HALL IMMEDIATELY!" Professor Dumbledore bellows as he makes his way through the corridor and into the hall. "Now I expect you are all confused on why I have gathered you all here. He - who - must - not - be -named is in this very castle and not alone." Everyone begins to scream and run around frantically but the trio and I stand panic-stricken. "Y/n the baby!" Hermione turns to me and looks to my stomach and back up to my face. I bring my hand up to Hermione's arm and give it a squeeze. "Draco. I need to find Draco!" She nods her head and we set off leaving the chaotic hall to find him. We're making our way down towards the room of requirement when someone grabs my arm and spins me round maulingly.

"Y/n, love." Draco pants. His hair is damp and matted, cheeks flushed, face full of pain and his uniform disheveled . "Draco are you alright." I ask him pulling him closer towards me. "We don't really have time for this but I need to say it." He looks down at me worried.
"I'm going to go back to Ron and Harry to see if they're alright, I'll see you in a bit." I smile at Hermione as she turns and walks away leaving Draco and I alone in a dismal corridor. "So..." I initiate and Draco snaps back to his thoughts.
"I'm so sorry for what I said earlier  y/n, I was drunk and high. I didn't mean any of it, please forgive me darling." Draco spurtes out enigmas. "Yes Draco that's fine i forgive you but right now Voldemort is in this castle ready to kill anyone who he sees!" I retort fastidiously and Draco nods. "Yes you are right. However,
Love, you can't go out and fight." He states pulling my waist closer towards his sweaty body. "Draco I can't just leave you and everyone out there to fight and I stay here and feel useless!"
Draco sighs and lifts my chin with his index finger. "I'm sorry my love. It's the only way you and the baby will live." I back away from Draco and stare at him shocked. "So you're saying I'm incapable of fighting for myself?" I retort as I cross my arms.
Draco begins to hyperventilate as he runs his hands through his hair. "Agh" he winces as the dark mark begins to glow forming a red outline around the mark. "Look y/n I don't have time for this just stay here and I'll come find you at the end. Please." I nod obsequiously and he pecks me on the lips before striding off down the hall and disappearing round the corner.

Ugh this is so unfair. I slide down the wall and curl up on the floor, bored already.

Im sorry this is an extremely short chapter but I promise the next one will be a lot longer as it is going to be the actual fight. <3

Things are starting to get chaotic and deadly, what do you think's going to happen next? 🤔