Chapter 4

Flashback

In Storybrooke years ago, Mr Gold and Calista were getting their son Gideon ready for his first birthday party and Mr Gold decided to take a photo of Calista who was holding Gideon.

Calista noticed the flash and looked at him, "Rumpel. I said no pictures. I'm... I'm not even ready for the party yet. I'm a mess," Calista said.

"You look beautiful," Mr Gold said

Calista sighed, "You are gonna make me regret giving you that camera," She looked at a list on her notepad, "Okay. Uh... Regina and Zelena got balloons. Uh, Emma and Killian cake. Belle's got the banner. Oh, Snow and David are bringing bubble wands..." Calista said.

"Hi," Mr Gold said as he smiled at Gideon and tickled his son's cheek.

"I don't know. I guess Neal is obsessed with them," Calista said and sighed.

"Cali?" Mr Gold said.

"Yes," Calista said and looked at him.

"Relax. It's a children's birthday party. As long as everyone turns up and Gideon ends up with birthday cake all over his face, it's a success," Mr Gold said.

"What'll be a success?" Naomi asked as she walked over and her parents looked at her, "I'm joking..."

Calista sighed, "It's just we never got to do this for Naomi and ever since we woke up the first time, I got so used to the chaos and arguing with you, Killian and everyone, fighting the darkness in my heart... Maybe, I dont know, I should get used to it," Calista said.