Chapter 17

The next day, at the bar, Naomi was on the phone to Daniel who picked up.

"Detective Clarke," Daniel said.

"Hey, Daniel... I'm, uh, I'm sorry to do this, but uh, something's come up, I can't meet today," Naomi said.

"What's happened? Is everything okay?" Daniel asked.

"I-I'm fine, but uh," Naomi looked at Zelena who was listening to a voicemail, "My friend needs me right now, some stuff has just come on and it's more important," Naomi said.

"Oh, t...that's okay," Daniel said.

"I'm sorry, Daniel, I'll make it up to you, I promise," Naomi said.

"I have a feeling you will... Be safe, yeah?" Daniel said.

"Promise, bye," Naomi said and hung up.

"You didn't have to cancel your date," Zelena said.

"Regina isn't here yet and your daughter hasn't got her bow and arrow, I'm the only person you got as we both, you won't go to my dad, which you should," Naomi said.

"But this is your husband we're talking about," Zelena said.

"He'll always be my husband, missing out on beignets doesn't change that," Naomi said.

Regina walked in and the two of them looked at her, "Look who's back from her nature walk. How'd it go?" Zelena said.

"Did you know that there are 12,000 different kinds of moss? It took me forever to find what I needed. But I got it," Regina pulled out a paper bag from her purse, "Now, we can cure Henry and break this curse," Regina said.

"That's great, but there's just one problem. Henry's not here. He skipped town for some job interview in New York," Zelena said.

"What? Why didn't you call me?" Regina asked.

"We can't exactly stop him without his memories and uh..." Naomi said.

"I got distracted," Zelena showed Regina the box of chocolates, "Seems I've got a secret admirer. Margot found them outside the bar last night," Zelena said.

"So, the witch killer has moved on from coven members. But why you?" Regina asked.

"Who knows? But you know who didn't have these problems? Kelly. I mean, yeah, she used organic deodorant and dabbled in freeganism. I mean, eating rubbish was not my finest moment, but at least Kelly didn't kill a munchkin. She was loved. Chad's a good man, and he'd never choose Zelena," Zelena said.

"You don't know that..." Naomi said.

"This curse wasn't really a curse for you, was it?" Regina asked.

"It was more like a vacation and I do know it, Naomi," Zelena said.

"You need to talk to my dad, he's working on the case and he's the only one we can really talk to. I'll come with you if you want," Naomi said.

Zelena sighed, "Alright," Zelena said.

At the police station, Rogers walked in and walked to Daniel who was eating beignets, "You sharing them out?" Rogers asked.

"I was gonna with Seraphina, but, she bailed last minute... Help yourself," Daniel said.

"Why'd she bail on you?" Rogers asked.

"Something came up with a friend that's more important," Daniel said.

The desk sergeant approached them, "Hey, Rogers, Clarke," The two looked at him, "You two are pals with that podcast guy, right?" The desk sergeant said.