Chapter 22

In the snowglobe, Henry, Flynn, Naomi, Hook and Mr Gold walked into a cabin and found Ella and Lucy inside.

"Daddy!" Lucy said.

"Henry!" Ella said and the family embrace each other.

"I knew you'd save us!" Lucy said.

"Yeah, uh, let's, let's get you warm, first, okay? Let's see if we can find some blankets or something," Henry said and the three went to find something to warm them all up.

Hook looked out the window then he looked at Mr Gold who was also suffering from the cold, "I don't understand. Why are you cold? The Dark One doesn't get cold," Hook said.

"I'm afraid Rumpelstiltskin used the author's pen for more than he let on. He's stripped me of my immortality and my powers. So, I can neither escape nor stop him," Mr Gold said and Naomi waved her hand, putting a blanket over her father's shoulders.

"From doing what?" Flynn asked.

"Well, that's the question. You see, he is me but with the darkness unchecked by the love of Calista and Naomi. He will use this new power to hurt anyone he can and drag us all into the darkness where he wallows," Mr Gold said.

"Seems like wallowing is something you have in common," Hook said.

"Hook," Naomi said.

"Excuse me?" Mr Gold said.

"Look, I'm sorry that you can't be with Calista, but you're not the only one who's suffered a loss. I may never fix my heart, I may never be together with Alice, but I'm not giving up," Hook said.

Later, Gold, Flynn and Hook were trying to break through the snowglobe's glass but they were unable to break it

"Our spirit's gonna break long before that glass," Mr Gold said.

"We should try another area, there must be a weak spot," Flynn said.

"There's that unshakable determination, however misguided. That's the reason why I kept you both as my partners. That and your good hearts," Mr Gold said.

"Well, seeing as we're allowing certain death to bring up secret truths, I do have to ask you given the amount of power that you once held, how come you never used it to destroy me?" Hook asked.

"Because you were the closest thing I ever had to a friend," Mr Gold told him and Maui's Fishhook appeared near them, "What the hell is that?" Mr Gold asked.

"It's our salvation, it's Maui's fishhook," Hook said.

"Oh, where did it come from?" Flynn asked.

"Well," Hook picked it p, "I have a good hunch, let me see if I'm right," Hook said and used the hook to break the glass, freeing them from the snowglobe.

Alice, Robin and Zelena were waiting for him, "I knew it was your magic that saved us," Hook said to his daughter.

Alice smiled and tried to approach him but ended up triggering the curse, she backed away, "Sorry," She said.