Chapter 15

A few days later, Regina was working behind the bar when Jacinda and Lucy walked over to the counter to get some food for Lucy and the baby sitter.

"Hey, Roni. You got that to-go order?" Jacinda asked.

"Um, yes. Remy's firing it up now. No time to eat here?" Regina said.

"Oh, it's for Lucy and her sitter. I got plans with Sabine tonight," Jacinda's phone rang, "That's the sitter calling," Jacinda said and walked aside to take the call.

Regina gave Lucy a cup of cocoa, "What's the cocoa for?" Lucy asked.

"Well, keeping up this ruse about Henry is hard on you. I can tell. But until I get my hands on some magic, there's no way to undo what Ivy's done," Lucy looked upset, "Hey, keeping your mom and dad apart keeps him alive," Regina said.

"At least my mom has Sabine. Henry has nobody to cheer him up," Lucy said.

"You know, your dad might be kind of a loner here, but before the curse, he had some pretty great friends," Regina said.

"Like fairy-tale friends?" Lucy asked.

"His four best friends were Captain Hook, Flynn Ryder, Jack and Thumbelina," Lucy looked confused, "Here, they're known as Detective Rogers, Detective Hathaway, Nick and Seraphina," Regina said.

"You mean my dad and my cursed dad were friends?" Lucy said.

"Yeah," Regina said.

Naomi walked up, "What's going on?" Naomi asked.

"You were best friends with my dad?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah, before we found out we were family, but we stayed best friends... Why?" Naomi asked.

"Henry is lonely here, or haven't you noticed?" Regina asked.

"Uh, yeah but did you care about it during the curse you cast? Uh, no, you made him alone, you made him think he was crazy, I was the only one there for him, I was the only one who made sure he didn't believe you when you were evil. You really want to ask me what I've noticed about my nephew?" Naomi asked.

"Good point, you're probably better at making him feel accepted," Regina said.

Naomi nodded, "Here, I'm not Henry's best friend... We were... Honestly, growing apart before Tremaine, that's why we were coming home, to try and fix ourselves," Naomi said and Regina and Lucy looked shocked.

"But you two are inseparable, no matter what I did," Regina said.

"Yeah, so needed our families..." Naomi sighed, "Okay, so what we need to do, is get Henry and his old friends, minus me, together and fate will do the rest," Naomi said as Regina handed Naomi a drink.

"I'm on it. Operation Bromance is a go," Lucy said.

"Hmm," Regina smiled and the three shared a toast.

At the station, Rogers and Daniel found Mr Gold glueing together te broke teacup at his desk.