Chapter 20

A storm gathered over Hyperion Heights, Regina and Naomi walked outside the bar as Lucy ran over to them.

"It didn't work!" Lucy said.

"Lucy, what are you talking about? What didn't work?" Naomi asked with a puffy coat on and hood up, hiding her face.

"True Love's Kiss. My mom and Henry kissed," Lucy said.

"But Henry's poisoned," Regina said.

"Not anymore. I found all the pieces of the glass slipper and Mr Samdi cured him. But doesn't matter we're still," Thunder crashed in the sky, "Cursed," Lucy said.

Regina looked up at the sky, "I don't know about cursed, but those clouds aren't a great sign," Regina said.

Gothel walked up, "They're not clouds. It's a re-birth. The balance of nature is shifting, Regina. We're on the precipice of a great extinction one that man cannot crawl back from," Gothel said

"So, you're wiping out humanity with a rainstorm?" Naomi scoffed as she pulled Lucy to her and held her protectively, "How biblical," Naomi said.

"Oh, it's going to be much worse than that. but I'm here to offer you salvation," Gothel faced Regina, "You were once the Eighth Witch. Join me now and your family will be spared," Gothel said.

"Sorry, but I'm not really a joiner. You may have brought us here, but this is my home now. And I protect my own," Regina said.

"With what magic? Your son couldn't break my curse. Do you think that was an accident?" Gothel asked.

"What did you do to Henry?" Lucy asked.

"I didn't have to do anything. Did you ever notice how human children have a nasty habit of growing up? An adult's belief is a lot less potent," Gothel said.

"You don't know Henry. He has the heart..." Naomi said.

"The heart of the Truest Believer," Gothel cut her off, "Yes, I know. But your Henry also has more pain than you know. Hmm. His belief is gone and there's nothing you can do to bring it back," Gothel said.

Thunder crashed and Gothel disappeared.

Flashback

Naomi walked downstairs on her last day of school and she saw Calista holding baby Gideon humming. Mr Gold walked to them and he looked at Naomi.

"Morning," Naomi said.

Calista looked at her and smiled, "Morning sweetie," Calista said.

"Uncle Killian's taught me not to trust that smile," Naomi said.

"All your mother wants is a last yearly school photo," Mr Gold said.

"Another one?" Naomi said.

"Yes, another one," Calista handed Gideon to Mr Gold, "Just do this and I won't ask you again," Calista said as she picked up a camera.

Naomi sighed, "Okay," Naomi said and stood in front of the fireplace.

Calista smiled and took a photo, then they looked at it, "Perfect," Calista said as Naomi let the house.

Calista and Mr Gold followed her, "Naomi. Wait. You forgot something," Mr Gold said.

"I don't think so?" Naomi said.