Chapter 16

Flashback

Henry, Ella, Flynn, Naomi and Hook entered the Cave of the Golden Dragon, "This is it. Just ahead, the Cave of the Golden Dragon," Henry said.

"By the size of those claw marks, I'd say it's well-fed on heroes," Hook said.

"You sure you want to do this?" Flynn asked.

"You kidding? I've wanted to do this since I was 10 years old," He sighed as Naomi chuckled, "You ready?" Henry asked.

"One last thing for good luck," Ella said and kissed him.

Hook looked away as Flynn and Naomi looked at each other and Naomi kissed Flynn's cheek, causing him to chuckle.

"I don't need luck, slaying dragons is what my family does best. Now, come on. We're so close, I can hear it breathing," Henry said.

They start walking until they find a man sleeping on the dragon's treasure and woke him up.

"Hey, hey, who are you?" Henry said as he poked the man with his sword.

"Whoa. Watch where you poke that. I'm trying to take a bit of a nap," The man said.

"Here? You mad? Where's the dragon?" Flynn asked.

The man started laughing, "Are you serious? Do you think I'd be here if there was a dragon? The dragon migrated weeks ago. Left his treasures behind, gold, silver, wine," He held up a wine bottle, "I didn't even know dragons like wine," He offered the bottle to them, "Want some?" He said.

"That's not yours," Naomi said.

"It belongs to the villages that garden plundered, so you are leaving right now," Ella said as she pointed her sword at him.

"I do have that effect on women," He chuckled Hook, Flynn and Henry glared at the man, "Alright," He said and left, Naomi and Eira escorted him out.

Hook, Flynn and Henry held back, Hook looked at Henry and noticed the glum look on his face, "Why the glum face? Dragon's gone, it's a good thing," Hook asked.

"Not for me. My mom and grandpa both slayed a dragon with this sword," Henry said as he held up the Charming's sword.

"Well, there will be other days, other dragons," Flynn said.

"No, it's not just about a dragon. I'm in love with Cinderella, what do I have to offer her? My grandparents are Snow White and Prince Charming and I'm still just... I'm just Henry. I came here to find my story and I refuse to believe that I'm just a character in someone else's. You know, my grandparents had a magic ring that helped them find each other, and I don't need that, but if I'm going to propose to Ella, I need to have a ring with a great story behind it, my story," Henry said.