chapter 48

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Y/N grew nervous as she climbed the steps of the Headmaster's office, her hands fiddling with each other as Dumbledore had requested her presence.

She approached the phoenix statue, quickly walking towards it as the room moved, now standing in the dimly lit office as she heard voices, almost like they were arguing. She slowly stepped out from behind the phoenix, hesitantly walking towards the voices behind a wooden door. She immediately recognized them voices as Bagman, Dumbledore, and Moody.

She slowly stopped at the corner, listening into the conversation. She made sure she couldn't be seen, hiding so that no one would see her in plain sight. She made sure she was a few inches from the door in case anyone come out from it.

"The Triwizard Tournament will not be canceled! I will not be seen as a coward," Ludo exclaimed. Dumbledore huffed, "A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think," he countered back.

"What did you say to me," Bagman said in an offended tone, the sound of Dumbledore's chair scraping back against the hardwood floor making Y/N jump back a bit. "Excuse me, gentlemen."

Dumbledore and Ludo turned to Moody with quizzical expressions, Moody taking his wand from the pocket of his jacket. "It may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private."

Y/N quickly stood in front of the door of the office to make it seem as though she had just arrived, raising her hand to knock on the door, but it flew open instead at Moody's command, her hand making no contact with the wood. Ludo immediately put a smile onto his face as he turned to her, Dumbledore making his way out of his seat.

"Oh, Y/N! Y/N, how good to see you again!"

Y/N only sent the man a small smile as she looked to Dumbledore, "I can come back later, professor-"

"Not necessary, Y/N," Dumbledore said with a small smile, "The minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment."

Y/N only nodded as she slowly made her way into the room, Dumbledore leading Moody and Bagman out of the office. Moody turned back to Y/N, keeping eye contact with her as he closed the door, the Ravenclaw now in the office alone. She looked around for a moment, stuck in her spot before she noticed a bowl of some sort of candy-black, licorice like candy.

She reached her hand out to grab some, one of the pieces of candy biting her in the process as she hissed, dropping the rest. They sprawled our over the floor, jumping in every direction as she tried to pick them up, crawling on her hands and knees unaware that a new part of the room had made itself visible behind her.

She continued to try to pick up the candies, her head whipping around as a blueish-white light now emitted from behind her. She slowly stood back up as what looked like a large bowl with a mirror emerged from the wall, her eyes looking skeptically at the scene in front of her.