chapter 6

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Sounds of cheers and music flew through the air all around the campsite outside of the stadium. Most of it from Ireland fans, the rest just from party-goers.

Y/N looked around at the blazing fires, the celebratory banners, the narrow pathways filled with people celebrating a Quidditch World Cup win. She couldn't help but smile, everyone looked happy; no worries in the world, almost as if everyone was free.

"What's got you smiling so much?"

Y/N turned to see Brianne who was watching her with an amused smile.

"Look at how happy everyone looks, like there's nothing wrong in the world. I wish it was like this all the time, it's so calming, so reassuring."

Brianne's face softened at her best friend's words. She knew how tired she was of always having bad years at Hogwarts, and how much stress it always put on her. Brianne just wanted her friend to live the relaxing life she could, but with being a prophecy she knew that wouldn't exactly be the case.

"Hey," she said, gently grabbing Y/N's hand with her in a comforting manner, "you never know. Maybe things will look up this year."

Y/N looked at her best friend with a small smile, "Yeah, mayb-"

A loud scream cut her off, the two girls turning around to see the cause of the sound. Y/N squinted her eyes, trying to see what was happening through the haze of smoke that lingered in the air from the fires. Her eyes searched and searched.

"What? What is it?"

"I don't know," she replied. Her eyes looked over once more before they fell onto a group of people carrying torches with dark masks over them. Her eyes widened as she tightened her grip on Brianne's hand.

"We need to go, now. Where are the others?"

"Over there by the tent, why," Brianne asked, shooting her a confused look. Y/N quickly turned towards the tent where her friends and Mr. Weasley were, Brianne trailing behind her as Y/N dragged the girl along with her.

"This isn't good," she said as she approached Mr. Weasley, who was already looking at her with a concerned expression.

"Mr. Weasley, we have to go now there-"

"I know," he said, Bill, Charlie, and Percy all standing besides him with their wands out.

"Y/N take you and the rest of children to the forest and hide, they're here for one of two things; You and Harry, or to kill muggles."