chapter 12

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"Oh for Merlin's sake..."

Y/N fidgeted with her tie in the mirror as she tried to tie it, quickly growing irritated with the piece of fabric as it wouldn't cooperate with her.

"Here, let me do it."

Y/N huffed as Jenna stood in front of her, her hands reaching up to her neck to start tying the blue and black tie.

"Thanks," Y/N muttered. Jenna gave a small smile as her eyes stayed trained on Y/N's tie.

"No problem."

The two girls stood in silence for a few seconds as Jenna worked her hands and delicate fingers as she maneuvered the tie into loops. Her tongue slightly poked out from the corner of her mouth as she concentrated, Y/N watching with a small smile. Y/N was a bit taller than Jenna, only by a few centimeters.

"What class do you have first?"

"Uhm, Herbology. I'm pretty sure it's you and me with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She was talking to me about it yesterday after the whole Triwizard thing."

Y/N hummed as she listened to her best friend as her eyes stayed trained on her reflection in the mirror in front of her. Jenna was still working on tying her tie.

"Y/N."

"Hm?"

"If you were seventeen, would you consider entering?"

Y/N thought for a moment as she felt Jenna finish tying the blue and black piece of fabric around her neck.

"I don't really know, I think I would. It seems like a good way to test yourself, not to mention it'd be good publicity."

"Yes, but death..."

"Worth it as long as people know my name."

Jenna gasped as she softly hit Y/N at her witty remark, the girl laughing as her best friend repeatedly hit her shoulder.

"(Y/L/N)," Jenna said in a scolding manner as Y/N rolled her eyes with a small smile. "I'm kidding, but I think I would consider it."

Jenna nodded her head as she reached her hands to Y/N's collar, adjusting it and her tie before she rested her hands on her shoulder.

"Alright, well you're all set. Let's get to class."

Y/N walked over to her bed before swinging her bag over her shoulder as her and Jenna made their way out of their room and down into the common room before entering the Great Staircase, both of them ready to start their first day of fourth year.