chapter 50

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

      It was now the day of the third task, and Y/N had spent the whole night tossing and turning. She had barely gotten any sleep, although for some reason she felt energized. Most of the part for her lack of sleep was this burning sensation in her chest. She didn't quite know what it was, probably just from the stress.

She was taken early in the morning before any of her friends were up, Miss McGonagall knocking on her door at 6 o'clock in the morning, and on a Saturday no less. She had told Y/N that she needed to come with her to get ready, the girl not having any chance to say goodbye to her friends or Hermione for that matter.

It was around 8 o'clock when she and the other champions had eaten breakfast in the tent on the Quidditch field where they were told to stay until the task started. They had two hours until 10 o'clock to get ready, the group of champions growing nervous.

Dumbledore had gotten a surprise for Cedric, his father, Amos Diggory, showing up in support of his son. He ate breakfast with the champions, immediately growing fond of Y/N and Cedric's friendship.

The man was proud of Cedric for his accomplishments, you could tell by the way he spoke so highly of him, and Y/N only admired it. Her parents would do the exact same, in fact, they do.

Breakfast had gone on quickly, there now being fifteen minutes until they would be announced onto the field. Cedric stood next to Y/N, trying to calm the girl down as he saw how nervous she was. The boy had tried to assure her many times that they'd be okay, Amos even chiming in to tell Y/N she would do excellent, but she only thanked the man, her nerves not settling once.

Sure enough, the music of the band started to play from outside of the tent, Y/N's heart racing. Cedric reached down and grabbed her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze as the champions lined up to walk onto the field. Viktor and Fleur stop next to Y/N, the Bulgarian boy placing his hand on Y/N's shoulder gently, throwing her a small smile.

"We'll do this together."

Y/N looked at the boy for a moment before slowly nodding her head with a small smile. "Thanks Viktor."

The boy nodded as Fleur sent her a reassuring smile, the four making their way out of the tent and onto the Quidditch Pitch. The sound of the music grew louder with each step as they saw the light at the end of the tent, the champions stepping onto the grass of the field as cheers and chants ran throughout the crowd.

You could see a bunch of people holding Y/N and Cedric posters, not to mention their last names and house colors painted and written onto their faces. Y/N walked onto the field, tightly grasping Cedric's hand, his touch slightly calming her down a bit.