chapter 37

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

     It was now several weeks after Y/N and Hermione had shared their first kisses, exactly five weeks to be exact. Both were ecstatic about the confirmation of each other's feelings, but didn't want to come out with their 'relationship' yet, especially because they didn't know how their friends would react.

They still had their moments, especially when Hermione would come over to help Y/N with homework and the egg, usually resulting in cuddling or small kisses. They haven't kissed much really, just little pecks on the cheek, occasionally the lips.

Both wanted to take it slow, but both knew that probably wouldn't last long. Hermione was delighted that she and Y/N had finally gotten together-well, not really, neither of them have asked to make it official. That didn't seem to matter to either of them though.

Over the course of the last five weeks, Hagrid was revealed to be half giant, but it didn't really come as a surprise to anyone. Rita Skeeter had put it in an article, sparking outrage around the school due to the fact that she had no business in doing so.

Y/N and Harry were furious, Cedric having to hold the girl back at lunch from running out of the Great Hall and confronting the woman. After that, Hagrid went into hiding, no one, not even Madame Maxime, hearing from him.

That worried Y/N and Harry, so they decided to send him a letter asking if they can meet at his hut after the Hogsmeade trip they were on now to be exact. Which is where it leaves us now- Ron, Harry, Y/N, and Hermione all walking in Hogsmeade.

"Why do you think he's hiding, so what if he's a giant," Ron said, his frustration towards Rita growing. The three others shrugged.

"I don't know," Y/N said, "But Skeeter isn't going to be safe the next time I see her. She'll be lucky I don't pounce on her."

Harry snickered as Hermione elbowed her with a scolding look, Y/N only looking at her quizzically.

"What, you wouldn't give her a taste of her own medicine if she were here?"

"Violence is never the answer," Hermione challenged back, Y/N huffing. "It is sometimes."

This earned another glare from Hermione, Harry and Ron watching the two amused.

"You two fight like an old married couple," Ron said, Harry quickly agreeing. Y/N and Hermione both shared a nervous look before blushing, both of them knowing they don't know about what was happening between them.

"Honestly," Harry said, "Just propose to her already, Y/N."

Y/N glared at her cousin as she spat back at him, "Shut up, Potter. Mind your business before I stuff you in a staircase like the Dursley's did."