chapter 23

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"Hermione told me Ron is just jealous, don't pay any attention to him."

Y/N scoffed at Sofia's words, harshly sticking her fork into the pancakes in front of her before bringing the fork to her mouth to take a bite. Her friends, Cedric, Viktor, and Fleur all watched amused as Y/N sat silent for a moment before her eyes flickered to the Gryffindor table, throwing daggers at Ron's back.

"Jealous, please. He's just upset he didn't meet standards."

Viktor and Cedric shared an amused look as Corey, Brett, and Karan all snickered, the girls and Fleur scolding them for laughing, especially because now wasn't the time.

Fleur turned back to the group of Ravenclaws, "Did any of you find something that could help us figure this out? I just heard that this is the first time the Goblet has done this."

Jenna shook her head with a sigh, "We couldn't even figure out if someone else did this. We thought maybe someone entered her as a fourth school, but that just wouldn't make sense."

The table fell into silence as the bell rung, signaling first period was about to start. Y/N sighed as everyone stood from their seats, all of them piling out of the Great Hall and into the hallway. Fleur, Cedric, and Viktor all waved goodbye to Y/N seeing as though their classes were on opposite sides of the school. Y/N, her friends, and the Golden Trio all had free period first, which they spent together in the courtyard.

Harry walked up to Y/N with Hermione and Ron trailed behind with a bored look on his face.

"How're you feeling," Harry asked carefully, his arm going to wrap around his cousin's shoulders. Y/N only scoffed.

"Dandy."

A hand hit Y/N on the back of her head as she turned around to whine and glare at the girl who had hit her.

"Blimey Mione, I was just kidding!"

"Now isn't the time to be a smart mouth," Hermione scolded back, Y/N huffing as she turned back around, the group of friends walking down the hallways and corridors to get to the courtyard. The group started to talk, each of them trying to figure out some way of Y/N being selected.

"What if it was just purely on purpose,"Brett said, the boy cautiously looking to Y/N as he waited for her reaction. Y/N only sighed as they all continued to walk.

"I thought about that too, but I just hope it isn't true," her voice coming out soft. Her friends are glanced at each other before looking to Y/N sympathetically, her head hanging low as they passed people in the hallway.