TwentyEight.

~ addison pov

"Why the fuck is Bryce's ex here?? And on Christmas!!" Jaden had told me Danielle was Bryce's ex-girlfriend and now he was wishing he hadn't. But why was she even here. And why was he still downstairs with her instead of checking up on me to make sure I was fine?? And why had she lied, saying they were just friends..

I sighed as I sat down on the bed, Mads trying to calm me down, letting me know I had nothing to worry about. She was probably right, but the last person I wanted to spend Christmas with was his ex-girlfriend. "They are just friends, I promise Addi, you have nothing to worry about." Jaden assured me, asking me to join them downstairs.

I let Mads take my hand as she dragged me downstairs. We walked into the kitchen to see Bryce helping Danielle make cookies. I rolled my eyes as I walked in, not announcing myself, but Mads and Jaden made sure Bryce knew I was here. I sat down on a stool, seeing Jaden pull Bryce and push him towards me.

"Don't.." I whispered to him, pushing him off as he tried to hug me. "What's going on?" he asked me, Danielle now looking at us. I rolled my eyes, not wanting her to see how bothered I was by her.. but I was, I couldn't help it. I stood up, leaving once again from the kitchen, this time Bryce following me.

He pulled on my arm before I went upstairs, pulling me back so I was now facing him. "What is going on Addison??" he asked, being completely oblivious to anything that had happened this morning. "Are you really that blind? Do you not see how wrong it is that your ex-girlfriend is here on Christmas, jumping into your arms right in front of your girlfriend. She didn't even know I existed.."

Bryce didn't say anything in return, but his silence spoke volumes. I shook my head as I turned away from him, walking upstairs and telling him to not bother even following me. I went into his room, laying down on his bed and cuddling a pillow as I felt tears begin to roll down my face.

I groaned as I hated how weak I was.. crying over something so stupid. I wiped my tears away and grabbed my phone, texting my brother and asking him to come to Bryce's room. I would usually text one of the girls at a time like this, but all I wanted right now was to talk to my brother, he was all I needed.

Tim entered the room shortly after I texted him, laying on the bed next to me, without even saying a word. He let me cry as he knew I needed to, I had so much pain built up, not even only from Bryce, but everything in general.. He wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry into his chest before wiping my tears away and asking me what was wrong.

"I am so dramatic I know, but please don't judge me. I literally wake up on Christmas morning in Bryce's arms, feeling so happy.. and I walk downstairs to see his ex-girlfriend in the fucking kitchen. Not only that, but she jumped right into his arms, Bryce acting like it was the most normal thing in the world. She then goes to say she didn't even know I existed.. they're close enough for her to come over for Christmas but not for him to tell her about me?? I don't want to have to compete for my own man on Christmas, especially when I walk downstairs to see them making cookies together!!!" I said, finally being able to catch my breath. Okay, I realize I may be over-reacting, but the fact that Bryce can't even be honest with me about who she is hurts.

"Addi.. I get where you are coming from, I do. But I don't think Bryce is intentionally trying to hide anything from you or hurt you. He loves you, he loves you more than anything else in this world. And this girl could never compete with you anyways, he chose you, didn't he?" he said, bringing out a smile in me. I hugged him as I thanked him, loving the fact that I could always rely on him to make me feel better.

"Now.. tell me these tears have nothing to do with dad." He said, his tone now being serious. I looked away as I didn't want to cry again but Tim knew me so well. How could I not be upset about everything when this was the first Christmas I would be spending without my father.. knowing we were on bad terms as well didn't help.