Eight.

~ addison pov

"Hey baby.. I have some people coming over tonight from work for dinner. Please make sure you look presentable and behave!!" He asked of me. I nodded, I was the least of his problems when Tim was around. He was the one that needed to be spoken to. But of course my father asked me to do it.

I sighed as I got out of bed to go downstairs to where Tim was. He was playing soccer with Bryce when I walked up to them, both of them being shirtless. My eyes immediately gazed towards Bryce, but I had to stop myself. I looked straight at Tim, telling him about dad's important dinner tonight. He nodded to show that he understand, "Got it - Bryce and I will be there!" he said, Bryce looking confused.

"You are part of the family man, you have to be there!" he said. I nodded in agreement, making sure that they both understood how important this dinner was and to please look presentable and behave. "We will show up and show out!" Tim said with a grin before walking away to grab the soccer ball.

I smiled awkwardly at Bryce as Tim left us, but soon began to walk upstairs until I heard him call for me. "Addi, i think we should talk.. when can we?" He asked me, taking me by surprise. I was shocked that he was even speaking to me. We hadn't exchanged any words since he had brought over a girl three nights ago. You could say the living dynamic was weird.. but maybe he was trying to fix that.

"I can't today.. I need to help my father with dinner-"

"What about tonight?" he asked, pleading me with his eyes and smile. I sighed, giving in as I nodded, telling him we could speak after dinner. He smiled at me, thanking me before running back towards my brother who was now calling for him. My eyes followed him, admiring him before I caught myself and put that to a stop. I headed directly upstairs, grabbing all of my stuff in a hurry as I was already late to class.

~•~

"Family dinner, huh?" That's cute!" Mads said as we took a seat at our favorite cafe after class. I still had about an hour before I had to be home to help my father set everything up. She immediately asked me about Bryce, something she would ask me everyday, but my answer was actually different today. I told her about how we agreed to speak after dinner tonight.

That made her happy, she had been pushing me to spark up a conversation with him, but I just didn't feel ready for it. I didn't have any choice this time though, it would be happening whether I was ready or not.

"Wait.. I'm going to Sway tonight, will you be there?" she asked me, but I shook my head. Mads had Jaden, but I had no reason to be at Sway anymore. "Come on, it'll be fun! Remember how much fun we had last time??" Yes I remembered.. her birthday party, how could I forget. But those were different times. That was drunk me that found all of the courage in the world to jump Bryce's bones as if I'd never see him again. But now we were left in this awkward phase. I remembered the night perfectly, even though I wish I could forget it.

"I think you should come!!" And before I could say anything else, she texted Jaden telling him I would be tagging along. I sighed, knowing that I would be speaking to Bryce tonight.. this could either be really good or bad. But I hoped we could at least be cordial.

As I left Mads and headed home, I thought about what I would say to him. We clearly weren't on the same page. That night I shared with him made my mind wander. I thought of what we could be.. and how things would be with him. He captured my attention like nobody else had before in a matter of moments. Bryce was special, but I apparently hadn't done enough to catch his attention.

As I pulled up to my home, I sighed as I saw some of our workers still cleaning my home. My father always went all out for these business dinners, he always liked to impress. I walked in to my father telling Kenzie to get ready while she laid on the couch. "Addi, oh thank god, can you please get her ready? Everyone will be here in an hour!"