Eighteen.

~ addison pov

"Hey baby girl.." I turned around to see my father walking into my room. I smiled at him before continuing to pick out some clothes for the night, I was going to be sleeping at the hospital with Bryce tonight and this was the first time he'd actually be awake. Yes I was aware of his memories being gone, but maybe I could be the person to help activate those memories..

"You got a sec to talk?" I heard my dad ask as he took a seat on my bed. "Um sure, I was just heading over to the hospital though, and I need to be there before 9 because i'll be staying the night with Bryce!" I told him, my father not seeming to agree with my decision.

"I don't think you should go.. He is probably exhausted from today and overwhelmed with all of these people around him that he doesn't know." I gave him a confused look, he saw how many hours I had spent at the hospital with him during his coma. Did he just think I would leave him once he woke up? I would never..

I shook my head at my father, telling him I was going. "I don't want to leave him alone and he doesn't want to be alone, he is the one who asked me to stay the night anyways!" I said, my father sighing and getting straight to his point this time. I should've known this was coming..

"Addison, this isn't appropriate. I couldn't find it in me to tell you during his coma because you seemed so broken, but this isn't right. If there is anything romantic between you two, that isn't okay. He is your step-brother, you two are living under the same roof!"

I couldn't believe that he was doing this to me, especially right now. He clearly didn't understand me or us. Him being my 'step-brother' held no value. It wasn't as if we grew up together, I had literally just met him a couple of months ago. It wasn't our fault that we immediately felt a connection. "I'm not doing this right now with you dad.. I'm leaving. And you shouldn't had brought it up right now either because I am still broken.. having him wake up and not even remember me broke me even more. And to now have to deal with this is ridiculous. Crazy how Lisa is supportive and you aren't, maybe you need to learn a thing or two from her.." I said, grabbing my stuff and leaving.

I ran out to my car, wanting to be gone before he had the chance to follow me. But as I sat in my car, I couldn't help the tears that began to flow down my face. I couldn't begin to think about how Bryce was feeling right now, having to wake up to strangers. But I was also overwhelmed and emotionally exhausted. Imagine being by someone's side every second for two weeks, to find out that they don't even remember you upon waking up. I wasn't going to give up on him, I never would, but I knew this would be an Uphill battle. But Bryce was worth it, we were worth it..

I took a deep breath as I had to pull myself together to drive. As I began my engine, I turned to face my home, seeing my father at the door. I sighed as I drove away, I wish he would understand me.. but he clearly didn't. There weren't many people who probably could. But I knew the way I felt towards Bryce and that was enough.

As I pulled up to the hospital and went in, I felt nervous. I couldn't help the nerves I was feeling as I walked up to his room. Nurses congratulated me on getting him back, but they didn't understand the pain I was feeling. But as I walked into his room, it was as if that pain was gone. Seeing his smile again was able to bring me all of the happiness I needed.

"Hey guys!" I said as I walked into Bryce speaking to Dixie and Griffin. They smiled at me as I walked in, Dixie opening her arms for me. I hugged her as I walked closer to them, Dixie squeezing me. "This girl right here is so special Bryce, you are one lucky man!" She said, making me blush.

Bryce grinned as he nodded his head, "Even with my memories being gone, I can tell. She truly is special, I don't know what I did to deserve her, but I'm grateful to past me." He said, making butterflies feel like they would explode in my stomach.