Four.

~ addison pov

I was exhausted after my day at school, I had stayed on campus for a bit longer to do homework. I got home and showered, changing into a crop top and sweat pants to just chill at home. As I walked downstairs, I wondered where everyone was as the house felt so empty.

I walked into the kitchen, reading a note from my dad stating that him, Lisa and Kenzie had gone out to grab dinner. Our cook was still around though, telling me that she would be making us tacos tonight. I thanked her before asking if she had seen Tim. "He's out back with that new boy!!" She said, still not being familiar with our new guests.

I walked outside searching for them, but before I even saw them, I could smell the strong scent of weed. What. The. Actual. Fuck. I kept walking towards the back to see Tim and Bryce smoking. "What the fuck is going on here!!" I yelled, grabbing both of their attentions.

Tim rolled his eyes, annoyed with me as always, continuing to smoke without a care in the world. Bryce jumped up though, instantly going into defense mode. "We were just talking." He tried to explain.

"Talking?? You're smoking with my little brother!!" I yelled, Tim scoffing, telling me that he was seventeen. Oh, so old.. too bad he acted like a ten year old. "Unbelievable." I said, walking up to them and grabbing the blunt from Tim's hand. "You are not doing this in our house!!" I yelled which only began a screaming match.

I soon felt Bryce's arms wrap around my waist as he began to pull me away. I tried to resist, but he picked me up and brought me inside. He dropped me onto the couch, telling me to relax but I was livid. Things were already pretty bad, I didn't need Bryce coming in and making things worse.

"You want me to calm down.. are you serious? Your thought of helping out is sitting around and getting my brother high? What were you thinking!!" I yelled, standing up to him. I trusted him.. I trusted him to actually try to guide Tim. But I should've known, it was Bryce after all.

"We were just talking.. and smoking, yes. But who the fuck cares Addison. It is just weed." He said. I understood what it looked like, I looked like this crazy girl who overreacted about everything. But I hated that stuff and Tim knows it, he just doesn't care..

When my mother died, my father hit his lowest point. He turned to alcohol and drugs, mostly smoking weed every night. That lingering smell is one I had to deal with for years.. it is always something that will disgust me. Tim was too young to remember, but I have memories that will scar me for life. I remember only being 10 and having to look after Kenzie. Our nanny came around and was a huge part of our life, but there were many nights we spent alone. I've been watching over Tim my entire life as well, always wanting to protect him. But seeing him now, I felt like I failed him..

I looked up at Bryce, my eyes beginning to water. I wanted to share my story with him, but I just felt like i couldn't.. not yet at least. I stood up, wanting to go upstairs when I felt Bryce grab my arm. "Hey.. please talk to me Addi, I'm sorry." He apologized. I just shook my head, he had nothing to apologize about truthfully. Tim wasn't his real responsibility and I shouldn't had trusted him so easily. "You're fine.. I just want to be alone.." I whispered, leaving Bryce and running to my room.

~•~•~•~•

~ bryce pov

"Hey, calm down on the alcohol buddy, it's a school night!" I told Tim as I walked in on him and Quinton chugging some white claws. I had been bringing him around Sway a lot lately and he fit in perfectly. He was of course getting along with Quinn as they were the same age, but all of the other boys loved him as well.

Addison had barely spoken to me in the last two weeks since our fallout. I guess the two introductory days were nice but she wasn't exactly my biggest fan anymore. "Don't worry about her, she's a buzzkill anyways." Tim would always say.. but part of me actually really liked her. I enjoyed her company, but Addison was good at shutting people out.