Twelve.

~ addison pov

"We don't need to do anything today if you aren't feeling up to it.." Nick was still here and with today being his last day meant that I needed to get off my ass and stop being depressed about Bryce. As much as I wanted to drown in my tears all day in bed, I knew that wouldn't do anyone any good.

Today's conversation was difficult, it was the most difficult I've ever had.. but it was necessary. My feelings for Bryce were strong and that wasn't going to change overnight, but I knew that we weren't right for each other.. at least not right now. We had a lot more growing to do before being able to give ourselves to one another, and this time, our break had to be real.

And that started today. While everyone would be at the Sway house today in anticipation for their party tonight, I knew going to spend more time with Bryce would only make me more upset. So I decided to spend the day with Nick instead and just stay in tonight. But I wasn't in the mood to deal with his flirtatious ways today, so I was dragging Dixie along. Griffin had some studying to do for school anyways, so she would spend today with me.

"I'm good, I promise, let's go!!" I told him as we walked downstairs. I passed Bryce and Tim who were heading to workout at the same time - no words were exchanged between us of course. I instead just waved at them, walking out as quickly as I could.

We stopped by Dixie's place to pick her up before heading to grab lunch. Nick and her got along just fine, but all Dixie wanted to know about was what had happened with Bryce. I sighed as I knew I had delayed the conversation as much as I could. As we placed our orders, I prepared myself to speak about it.

We spoke about Saddle Ranch. Dixie and Griffin had left early that night, so they missed the show.. but I told her all about what had happened without letting Nick know that he was the root of the problem. "One second we were arguing and the next he was gone. Typical Bryce to run away from his problems."

Dixie frowned but she knew Bryce pretty well. She was however a big fan of him and I. She thought we suited each other really well and wanted us to work. The end of my story wouldn't make her too happy though.

"After he left.. I guess I went crazy with shots.. not that I would remember though, I completely blacked out." Dixie was surprised by this, I wasn't a big drinker and everybody knew that. But Nick attested to this, telling her that I had to be dragged out of the restaurant. It was so embarrassing even having to hear him say that.

But I continued my story with the morning after.. particularly the conversation that we had. "I'm not going to lie.. i like him, a lot. But I can't go back to him that easily. We need a break for him to learn what he wants.. and if it really is me, he needs to start showing it then."

Although Dixie was upset, she completely understood and even applauded me for what I had chosen to do. "Boys will always be boys.. even though it hurts, I think this will be for the best. So he can learn to appreciate you more." I nodded, that was the goal. I hoped for us to be able to grow, but hopefully one day come back to each other.

~ bryce pov

As Tim and I finished our workout, we took our protein shots and headed upstairs to get ready for today. It was now 4 and we had to head over to Sway to get ready for tonight's party. A party was exactly what I needed after the shit show that had happened last night and the conversation I had this morning with Addison.

Knowing Addison, she would try to avoid me for as long as possible.. meaning she wouldn't come to the party tonight. She'd spend the day with her little friend Nick instead.. whatever, I didn't care. Looking for a rebound started tonight, I wouldn't let myself feel bad for what had happened with Addison.. it seemed like we weren't good for each other anyways.