Nine

I forgot that Mina was my emergency contact if I was ever in the hospital. She'd be the first person they'd reach. It was my idea and she was more than happy to have the supposed 'responsibility'. It was so long ago and I hardly am in the hospital, that it slipped my mind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I knew her answer.

She stood up from her chair and walked up next to me. "How do your arms feel?"

I looked down at my arms. They were wrapped in band-aid wrap. I was able to bend the elbows a little, but not much. I was still feeling the numbness they gave me when they took care of my arms. The burns should be gone within a few weeks or so. 

I shrugged. "They're still numb."

Mina nodded. "That's good. I was a little worried when I saw you out cold. Your arms are the only part injured, right?"

"Yeah."

"Good." Her worried look was replaced with a happy one. She turned and walked to the other chairs and started going through her bag. 

I slowly sat up on the bed. I tried to see what she was doing, but couldn't. "What are you doing?"

Mina stood up and then walked back over to me. She had a pile of casual clothes in her hand. She set them down in my lap.

"When I got the call, I headed to your house to get you some clothes." She explained. "I remember where you kept the spare key."

I rolled my eyes with a smirk. "And these are the only things you took?"

She looked to the side. "...yes?"

"How many hoodies?" I asked. I know her too well. 

Mina sighed. "Three. And no they aren't your favorites. Those are off-limits to me."

"You have limits?" 

She crossed her arms with a smile. "I have grown since high school. Thank you very much." 

I chuckled as I looked down at the clothes. She picked out some ripped skinny jeans, my black t-shirt with the white skull on the front, and a light grey hoodie. I was a little happy that she added my black with my famous orange snapback. I could use it to cover my face from civilians.

"Baku?"

I lifted my eyes up at her. "Hm?"

She fiddled with her fingers. "I talked to Kirishima during lunch. He said that you've been getting stuff to decorate and fill your place."

"Come over whenever you please," I responded, knowing exactly where she was going.

"How did you know I was going to ask to help out?" 

I rolled my eyes. "I know you, Mina. We could use your help anyway. I don't think I'd be good at giving Kirishima advice on his room or anything."

"Doesn't matter," Mina said with a smile. "He'd ask for your opinion no matter what."

I looked up at her confused. "What do you mean?"

Her eyes went wide for a second, but then she put on a large smile. "Nevermind. Not my place to say. Do you want me to give you a ride home? Someone tipped the reporters that you heard. I had to push through the crowd."

I growled. I took a deep breath. "I'll get dressed and we'll take the back way."

"That's where I parked." She winked.

As I struggled to get dressed on my own, but what she told me about Kirishima kept repeating in my head. That he'd ask me anyway. When I asked her, she seemed shocked. What was that about?