Eight

After Kirishima regained the smile on his face, he offered to make dinner again. This time I offered to help. I mostly chopped up the vegetables and gave him a few pointers. He seemed really happy to cook.

We sat down at the dining table and ate. Kirishima went on and on about how excited he was to start working tomorrow. He was also excited to see Fatgum and Tamajiki as well. I couldn't hide my smile. It's been forever since I've seen him excited for anything.

After dinner, we chilled on the couch and watched some of the local news. There wasn't anything really exciting on. It started to get let and wanted to call it a night. I felt bad that Kirishima was sleeping on the couch now that he's chosen to move in with me, but I know the bed we ordered today should get here by tomorrow. 

I decided to some work before heading off to bed. I emailed my hero agency telling them I could come in tomorrow. I tried to get a hold of Deku but didn't hear anything back from him. I walked to my room and changed. I put on my regular grey sweatpants and decided to put on my orange jacket. 

~~flashback~~

"Shut up, wannabe Pikachu!" I shouted leaning against his bed. "I one against you fucking fair and square."

"You had to have cheated!" Kaminari whined. "There's no way your this good at the game without playing it before."

"Tsk." I rolled my eyes. "Maybe because of you fucking suck."

I felt someone smack the back of my head. I turn my head to see Mina sitting behind me.

"Be nice, Baku." Mina looked over at Kaminari. "But he's not wrong, Kami."

Kaminari crossed his arms and pouted. Sero laughed and patted his shoulder. I looked over at Kirishima. He was typing on his phone.

"What's with you?" I asked nudging his shoulder with my own.

He kept his gaze on his phone. "Oh, it's nothing."

"Tsk." I rolled my eyes. I handed the controller to Sero and then looked over to Kirishima. "Liar."

He turned his phone off and set it next to him. "It's nothing. Just some family issues."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Mhm."

I knew something was wrong with him. If he wasn't going to talk to me about it, then I'm not going to push him. I have no right trying to get anyone to talk about what's on their mind when I clearly don't.

"Bakugou?" Kirishima asked looking at the TV.

I hummed in response.

"Do you think we'll be heroes?" He looked down at his hands.

Something was definitely wrong. But what was it?

"Of course, shitty hair." I rubbed my hand through his hair, messing up his spikey hair.

"Hey," He chuckled with a small smile. He rolled his eyes and started to fix his hair.

I wanted to say something, but what? I'm fucking terrible at talking. I can plain out ask him? No, it's something I don't think he'd want the others to hear. Maybe he just doesn't want me to here. Damn it! What the hell do I do? Sure messing up his hair brought a smile, but I still saw the sadness in his eyes.

I looked back towards the TV and watched as Kaminari lost to Sero. I sighed. 

"Bakugou?" 

I hummed in resonse.

"Are you okay?"

I looked over at him a little confused. He's asking me if I'm okay? I should be the one asking if he's okay. I'm just bugged I can't ask him about it.