Thirteen

"So, what's the point in covering my eyes?" I asked, with Mina's hands covering my eyes. I had to lean back so she could reach.

Mina giggled. "Because I want to surprise you."

"Tsk. I know where I fucking am. We're at the mall."

"Yeah," She began. "But do you know where in the mall?"

I stayed quiet.

Mina laughed. "We're almost there."

"Why are we at the mall?" I asked following her lead. 

After a few seconds of walking, she finally took her hands off my eyes. I opened my eyes and stared at the store. 

"Suprise!" She cheered.

I rolled my eyes. "What are we doing here?"

Mina crossed her arms and smiled. "We're here to get stuff for your place. Remember? You gave me permission to help decorate your home."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "But why am I here? I'm not going to be much help. I could have just given you my credit card."

"Two reasons." She explained. She put up one finger. "First off: You should know better than anyone to not trust me with your credit card by myself." She put up another finger. "Second: It's your house and you need to tell me if you like it or dislike it."

I looked at her confused. "I just told you I'm not going to be any good."

She put her finger and thumb on the bridge of her nose. "I'm not saying you have to anything more than just saying you like it or dislike it. I want honesty, Baku. Don't lie."

I took a deep breath as I ran my hand through my hair. "Fine. Let's go."

Mina clapped her hands. "Perfect."

I did what she told me. We went everywhere in the store. She would point a few things out and ask me if I like them or didn't. If I liked it, she'd take a picture of it and the name and price of it. If I said I didn't like it, we'd move on to the next thing.

I would ask her from time to time why'd we get a certain thing. She sometimes explained it, but mostly just said it was for decoration. By the end of it, we ended up spending a couple of hours inside the shop and we're leaving empty-handed.

As we walked through the mall, Mina was swiping through her phone at the photos.

"Are you going to explain why we didn't buy any of the stuff?" I asked her. 

She turned her phone off and put it in her pocket. "Everything is cheaper online and you're not really looking towards high-class quality. So, I took the pictures so you can order them online. Hopefully, you'll find something cheaper than at the shop."

I nodded in agreement. There is a reason why I asked her to help me decorate my house. 

"Also, so you can show Kirishima." She said with a smile. "You're living together so it should be a choice you guys make together."

"Mhm." I hummed in response. 

"Are you okay?" She asked walking closer to me.

I shrugged. "I just have a bunch of stuff on my mind." 

"Well, I'm here if you need to talk." She wore a huge grin on her face.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't try mimicking shitty hair, Pinky."

She chuckled as she wrapped her arms around mine. "Would never. But the truth is still that I'm here if you need to talk."

I scoffed. "If I could solve it talking to you, I would have done so already." I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's just there's a shit ton of stuff I need to tell Kirishima. I just don't know how'll I'll be able to do it."