Distraction (chapter 12)

Shawn POV

The next day at the game I gave my best. I forgot everything that was happening around me and only concentrated on the puck. I scored pretty often and everyone was happy and proud besides Jason and the opposite, team of course.

Jason was jealous as fuck because I scored the most goals and I even scored double the points that he had.

As the game ended and we won, everyone congratulated me. Camila hugged me and kissed my cheek, my mom, Sofie and Aaliyah also hugged me and my dad and the coach gave me a bro hug.

After the game, we went to a cafe and celebrated the win.

,,You were incredible. I swear." Mila whispered at the table and hugged me from the side.

,,Thanks. You are gonna rock tomorrow."

,,You never know."

,,Don't be pessimistic. I know it." I said and kissed her temple.

The dinner went fast by and so did the whole day too.

Camila POV

The next day after Shawn's game, I woke up really anxious. I couldn't eat anything in the morning and my father was concerned about me, but that happens every time I have a competition in that day.

While I was changing in my competition clothes, the door bell rang. As I exited my room, I saw Shawn talking to my dad and Sofie.

,,Hey!" I said to him and as he saw me, he looked shocked.

,,H- Hey.."

,,Watch out. You're drooling." My dad said to Shawn and Sofia and I started laughing so hard that Shawn blushed from embarrassment.

I went over to him and kissed his cheek.

,,You're cute." I whispered to him.

,,When I'm drooling?" He whispered back and I giggled.

,,Not only then." I said and we both started laughing softly.

,,You ready to go?" My dad asked us and we nodded. ,,You have everything?" He asked again.

,,Yep."

,,Okay then, let's go."

We went to the car and Shawn, Sofie and I sat in the back and my dad drove. It was around 7am, we would arrive around 9am and the competition needed to begin at 10am so I had an hour to prepare myself. I think I've fallen asleep on the ride cause, suddenly, I felt Shawn shaking me lightly to wake up.

,,Hey.. We are there." He said softly and I rubbed my eyes to wake up.

Shawn helped me get out of the car as we suddenly heard someone shout:

,,Shawn!"

Shawn turned around and saw a boy running in his direction.

,,Liam!"

Shawn and the boy hugged and as they broke apart, Shawn took my hand and pulled me closer to him.

,,Liam, this is Camila, my girlfriend. Mila, this is Liam, the biggest idiot on this earth and my best friend." Shawn introduced us and I giggled at his words.

,,You forgot me." Sofie said and came from behind."

,,I'm sorry, princess. This is Sofie." Shawn introduced Sofie to Liam.

,,You also forgot me." My dad said acting like Sofia and I laughed at his action.

,,I'm sorry, coach. Liam, this is Mr Cabello."