Chapter 44

~TAEHYUNG POV~

What the hell was he doing with my Y/n?

He can't be serious about the whole, she's mine too thing right?

No that's just.....no.

I ran after him holding my mate all the way back to my house and even all the way to my bedroom so he could set her down on the bed carefully. But I didn't like the way he was looking at her with so much care in his eyes, it pissed me off. Only I can look at her like that, she's mine.

The moment he was no longer touching her in anyway and stepped back away from the bed I charged at him and grabbed him by the front of his shirt just to pin him against the wall, almost taking him off the ground as I done so.

"What the fuck did you mean by she's yours too?"

I needed to know. I obviously know what happened to her which is why I was on my way to her but didn't get there fast enough because I was on the other side of the pack in a meeting. I wish I wasn't now and I got there first instead of him.

"Get off me and let me explain!" ?

He dared to growl back at me, gripping onto my hands with his so I just shoved him back and let him go but quickly moved to the other side of the bed so I was away from him but close to Y/n. But my eyes never left him as he fixed his shirt and dusted himself off before he sighed heavily and brushed back some of his hair from his face.

"I'm waiting."

He looked at me through his dark eyes in a blank expression.

"She's my mate too." ?

"That's impossible. She's mine, we're mated there's no way she can be yours too and I'm not sharing."

His face scrunched up and he looked down to his feet, balling up his fists.

"I didn't expect you to which is why I never told anyone about this. I never planned to tell anyone this. As long as she's happy then who am I to intervene in that." ?

"You wont try to take her away from me?"

Raising a brow at him, he shook his head his facial features twisting in some sort of pain, clutching his chest and yet forcing himself to shake his head.

"No." ?

I could see how hard that was for him to say and I couldn't imagine having to do that myself never mind him. He's one of my best friends and my heart gives out to him, it does but she's mine.

"Look, I'm sorry I shouldn't of acted that way with you."

"No, it's okay. I understand but you have to know I only took her from the school because of what happened to her. She was alone." ?

Interesting.

"If she was alone then where were you? How did you know this was going to happen to her?"

His eyes flickered to her sleeping form and they softened ever so slightly but this time I don't care as much as I did.

"I was taking my exam and I just......knew. I just had this voice in my head say her name and I just knew she was in trouble and so I found her in the corridor by her locker." ?

"I didn't feel any danger from her before I heard her scream."

Looking away to the corner of the bedroom in deep thought to myself.

"You didn't?" ?

Hearing the shock in his voice I only shook my head automatically.

"No, she's my mate I know she is. That connection, her scent, everything but just this one time I didn't feel that danger she was in."

"Maybe because the goddess knew I was closer?" ?

I shrugged at him, not knowing or understanding it. I mean out connection between Y/n and I has always been the same even more so since we mated and I gave her the mark that claims her as mine. Why did he feel it before I did?

"None of this makes sense. I didn't know she was my mate too until your ceremony. I only looked at her as a friend before this." ?

That caught my attention again and I turned to him once again but bending down onto my knees to take Y/n's small hand into mine.

"So that was why you've been a little off ever since then?"

He nodded sadly and chewed on his bottom lip just to sit down on the edge of the bed beside her but didn't touch her since he knew I was watching. I could tell he wanted to though, his hand itching and twitching to touch her other.

"You can touch her hand you know, you've done it before so if you want to, just hold her hand."

Stunned his eyes sparkled at me yet he smiled for the first time in a while and took her hand with no hesitation. Watching him touch her I noticed the way his body instantly relaxed just like mine does whenever I'm around her but it's different for him and I. I claimed Y/n as mine and she's accepted me, it's complete opposite for him.

"You know I thought you were wit-"

"No. I'm not with her anymore, I don't think it ever was something serious, just a little fun." ?

Oh.

I nodded and said no more about it just to watch Y/n peacefully sleep but mind linked Jisoo to tell her Y/n is with me now. The two of us staying with Y/n just watching her. However when I look at him, his eyes never left her face and I couldn't help but feel so bad for him but at the same time this kind of makes sense the more I think back on things.

"She can't know about me. You know what she is to me as well. I don't want anything to come between the two of you Taehyung." ?

"Would you at least still hang with us as friends. Hell I don't even care if you and her hang out by yourselves as long as you keep your hands to yourself then I'm good with that."

He laughed and nodded towards me.

"Yes I would love that and I would keep my hands to myself, don't worry." ?

"Good. So we just keep this between us then?"

"Yeah. Jisoo saw me so she'll know by now." ?

Oh I know, she's been screaming at me through our shared link demanding answers about his actions ever since I told her Y/n is here. But I've been putting it off for now, I'll talk to her later.

"You know I've been having these dreams."

I blurted out and he looked at me again, springing his head to my direction.

"Dreams? What kind?" ?

"Our future."

He frowned and I purposely locked eyes with him. Now that I know this, there is something more I would like to talk to him about.

"I think it's time you and I had a chat."