7. The news

Lucy's POV

It's been a few weeks since the album has been released and one week before I leave for Los Angeles.

I invited my friends over today so that I could break the news to them. I'm not gonna lie, my nerves have been killing me. I just don't know how they're going to take it.

None of us have ever been away from each other for so long and this filming process will take almost a year, leaving me barely any time to even see them or visit.

And Calum, I want to spend as much time as I can with him. I never thought we would have to be separated for such a long period of time.

I heard the door bell ring and a few knocks on the door meaning that they must be here. I got up from my seat on the couch and walked over to the front door to let them in, trying my best to keep a smile on my face even though I was so close to crying.

"Hi guys," I greeted them. "Come in." I said not letting my smile disappear from my face.

They all walked through the door and gave me a quick greeting before making themselves comfortable and sitting on the couches.

Calum was the last one to walk through the door. Just the sight of him made me feel ten times better. I quickly stood up taller and wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him in for a hug and he didn't hesitate to do the same, "You okay?" He whispered into my ear.

"Yes, I just missed you." We pulled away and he gave me a nod before going to sit by Michael on the couch.

I closed the door and turned around to see all eyes on me as they waited for the heartbreaking news I was about to tell them.

"So I actually have some news for you guys," I started trying to sound as chirpy as possible. "But I don't want you to freak out after I've told you this." Worry was very evident in my voice but I pretended not to notice.

"Don't worry Lu," Victoria said sitting up straighter. Luke's arm that was draped around her waist fell limp. "I'm sure whatever it is can't be that bad."

This wasn't entirely bad, it's just that none of us were expecting for it to happen this soon. We promised to stick together and be by each other's sides through everything. But how can we be by each other's sides when we'll be across the world from each other? It all seems impossible.

"You know that you can tell us anything right?" Ashton told me, saying the same thing that my dad said to me not too long away.

"Yes I know," I said starting to get frustrated at myself that I couldn't just say it already. "It's just that news is so sudden and," Calum get his eyes on me and I could tell that he was trying his best to stay calm.

"I'm just scared for what happens...next." No one spoke up and they all waited for me to just tell them, so I breathed in deeply to try and contain myself.

"I leave for Los Angeles in less an a week and I won't be back home for a year or maybe even longer." I said not being able to help the tears that had weld up in my eyes.

I made the mistake of making eye contact with Calum, I couldn't quite make out his emotions but I knew that they weren't good.

"Wait, you're leaving that soon?" Luke spoke up. "And for that long?" He said sadly.

"Yeah I know," I breathed out as a few tears spilled down my face. "It sucks." I was able to choke out.

"If we're letting everything out now," Michael spoke up. "Then I guess it would be a good time to tell you what they told us in our meeting."