49. Qualifications of being a rockstar

Lucy's POV

Being back in my own home and catching up with my family and childhood friends was fun while it lasted, but now it's time to officially start the tour.

The boys have one show to perform in Sydney, Australia then we move onto the United Kingdom.

I've missed my mum and dad more than anything and I can't even begin to describe how safe they make me feel especially with how terrible this past year was for me. 

"This is not happening," Victoria says as she paces back in forth in front of me.

The venue that the boys are performing at tonight is not far from my house so Victoria and I decided on getting ready here.

"Yes it is," I giggle at her disbelief. "Why aren't you getting excited?" I ask in shock that I'm more excited than she is.

"Because I am opening for the world's hottest band!" She says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Victoria hadn't started panicking until after we were finished getting dressed.

It only took one look in the mirror, taking in all of her rockstar features to get her brain going at 100mph.

"Correction, you're the hottest girl opening for the world's hottest band." I said matter-o-factly.

"This is not happening," She repeated. "Why is my brain doing this to me right now!" Whining, she fell to the floor in a pout acting like a five year old child.

"Victoria," I gaped at her behavior. "This is not how a rockstar acts two hours before her first performance of a world tour."

"Yeah, but I'm not even officially a rockstar yet." She argues still pouting.

I get up from my place on the bed and go sit next to her on my floor.

"Says who?"

"Says every qualification of being a rockstar." Her eyes have become teary eyed now as she stares straight into mine looking for any sign of hope.

"I think that's stupid," I say grabbing her hand comfortingly. "There's no such thing as what the perfect rockstar is and if we didn't think you had what it takes, the boys wouldn't have asked you to be their opener in the first place." I try to reason.

"I guess," She sniffles finally starting to agree with me.

"There we go," I say smiling. "Now go to the bathroom and collect yourself before you ruin any of your makeup." I say as I help her up off the ground, "We can't have a rockstar crying on her first day." My words make her smile slightly as she nods her head and makes her way to my bathroom closing the door behind herself.

I hate how she always stresses herself out. She's always been this way, even when it came to something as small as the talent shows our school would hold. Victoria has always been humble, always been the one to hide in the shadows and help the boys out with lyrics, but now that it's her time to be in the spotlight I don't think she knows how to handle it quite yet.

But she will, this is only one of many concerts she will be opening this tour.

As I sit back down on my bed picking at my nails, waiting for my best friend to finish in the bathroom, my phone pings with a notification.