18. Someone you're not

Calum's POV

So this is it.

The one person I would ever truly be able to love is gone.

She's not mine anymore.

I stared down at my phone unable to tear my eyes away from the hundreds of pictures filling up my timeline.

Lucy kissed Devyn.

That's all I could see. Their bodies were close and so were their lips.

She doesn't love me anymore.

"Hey dude. Lucy wanted me to tell you something." Michael said coming to sit down next to me on the couch backstage.

"I'm sure whatever she has to say is no longer important." I said still staring at my phone unable to look up.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

I didn't say anything I just showed him the pictures on my phone. "No. That can't be a real photo?"

"Oh but it is." I said bitterly.

"Calum you know damn well she would never cheat on you."

"Well by the looks of all these pictures, she did."

"You don't know the full story-"

"Actually I think I've figured it out by now," I cut him off not being able to contain my own anger. "She obviously thinks the distance is too much for us so she decides for us to take a break but really what she means is let me go and kiss other guys since I'm too impatient to wait for my own boyfriends lips on mine." I was more than just pissed about this whole situation.

"Cal don't let your anger get the best of you. If you truly love her, you need to overcome what the media produces and find out the truth for yourself."

"How am I supposed to do that? We're not supposed to talk to each other for like another two weeks." I slouched further down into the couch and put my hands on my face.

"I'll figure something out. Do you want me to tell you what she wanted me to tell you?" I nodded my head.

"She told me to tell you that this break is for the sake of your own good and that applies to both of you. She also wanted you to know that she loves you and that she will never fall out of love with you."

"She said that?" I said feeling my cheeks get warm as I lifted up my head.

"She did. She loves you and these pictures that you're seeing obviously show that there is something more behind them than you think." He took my phone from my hands and scrolled through the pictures some more, investigating.

"Look here," He pointed to a picture on my phone. "After he leaned in to kiss her she pulled away and the next photo shows her walking away. You just need to trust her." Michael changed his position on the couch so that he was facing me more.

I took a few seconds to think about his observation.

"It's not that I don't trust her it's just that," I paused. "Victoria told me how Devyn is known for taking advantage of girls in movies with him and I'm just worried about Lucy."

"Well didn't you say in three weeks you're going to visit her?" He asked remembering how quick I was to make that decision. I nodded in response.