Chapter 2: Its a Match!

Weiss Schnee wasn't known to put anything or anyone before work. Her main goal was to just live a lavish life in her mansion and repeat her days over and over. However she didn't enjoy the loneliness that came along with it. Multiple people just wanted her for her money or to gain a promotion or to be the next in line of her business so being in any relationship made things difficult.

Weiss was sitting in her seat staring at her phone with profiles she mainly swiped away and ignoring the messages that came with the app with people who swiped right on her. She did swipe right of a few people but still proceeded to look for anyone else that caught her attention.

Now this wasn't something she usually would spend time on after work hours. She would usually go over documents, second checking things, and getting finished with work early. She did have the choice to lay off and relax since she was the boss of the company, but with how wide spread it was she couldn't. It even made her forget the empty void in her.

Her older sister recommended it to her, well really threw it in a conversation they had, and she decided to take a chance at it since it was able to go longer distance and was also a bit safer.

Most were people looking to hook up then be in a relationship which she expected. She groaned when reading a few of the messages but some were extraordinary in her opinion with how nice and professional they were phrased.

She was looking through a women's account reading her bio with an eyebrow raised. It was questionable and badly structured, frantic even. Her pictures on the other hand was a bit different.

Her first picture was her holding a black and white corgi smiling at the camera. She had on a red hoodie that no text printed on it. It somehow counseled but also fit her slim figure. Her black jeans accompanied it with a belt. Her black hair with red highlights falling down her face a bit.

Weiss smiled lightly because of the dog alone but swiped to the second picture to be in total shock. In a whole second she looked completely different. She had on a blue flannel that had rolled up sleeves with dark pants.

She wasn't looking into the camera this time, it was taken by someone with how oblivious this girl was. Her gaze was fixed onto an engine and she was leaning onto the opened hood examining it throughly.

Weiss stared at it for a few seconds before mentally kicking herself and swiped to the next.

A long yellow haired women was standing next to her with her arm wrapped around her that had a dragon tattoo that wrapped around the women's arm, the yellow haired girl had a huge smile plastered on her face as did the black haired girl.

"Pretty misleading." Weiss said to herself when looking at the picture.

She sighed leaving the girls profile and dragged it halfway to the left before halting her movement to dismiss the account entirely like others. It went back on her screen as she moved it back, the profile staying there as she reread "Ruby Rose 22" over and over, staring at the picture from time to time.

She sighed before swiping right and the text "It's a Match!" Popped up. It asked her to send a message after it disappeared.

She stared at the screen pondering on what she should say. It was always a difficult choice on how to start a conversation, people react to it differently and she couldn't read her through a screen to know what she'd want to hear.

Weiss: Hey, I saw your profile and thought you were intriguing, I'd like to know about you.

Weiss instantly deleted it staring at the now blinking line. She rubbed her eyes frustratingly, she couldn't even think. She looked at the time noticing it was late and turned her phone off and started stacking her papers, some being put in different folders, some being entirely shredded.

She pushed in her chair and walked out of her office to be met with a quiet office which was pretty common as she stayed till 1:00 AM or even till 6 AM. Weiss know it was a bad habit and she needs to break it but she utterly couldn't not matter how badly she tried. She was just too bored and felt useless when not doing anything.

Weiss leaned on the bar in the elevator staring at her screen still wondering on what she should message, something that'll come off nice but professional at the same time. Not to long either but it was definitely harder and more stressful then she thought it would be.