The stranger part 2

(A thousand years ago: Weeks after Godrick's death)

*Celina's POV*

Arriving at a small village, I begin looking around in search of the doppelganger. Her husband had passed away during battle. Whether I drained his blood or not, he would have died either way. His wounds were severe and he had his pride on not wanting to be saved. All I did was respect his wish.

I assume she must be grieving his death. Who wouldn't grieve the death of someone they loved. Its only human to do so.

Unsure where I was going, I catch a glimpse of a woman that looks exactly like Amara. She must be Godrick's wife, Tatia. She was not alone. She was with a man with long dark hair. She seemed a little too excited for a widow whose husband merely weeks ago.

If what my father said about the doppelgangers were true, then why does Amara's doppelganger seem as if my father's doppelganger meant nothing to her? Was Amara the same way?

I look back thousand years ago, when the whole affair began. Amara was nothing more than my mother's servant at the time. She was always kind. She was the one who practically raised me.

All my mother did was look at me in disappointment. Whatever I tried to do, she never seemed happy. Mostly because my powers were out of control. Whenever I tried to do a spell, disaster always seemed to follow.

Unlike my mother, Amara and my father believed in me. He even thought me how to control my powers. I loved Amara and had always wished she was my real mother. I hated Qetsiyah. Even if she was my mother, I always hated her.

I remembered telling her how I felt right before my parent's wedding ceremony. She laid a hand on me then dragged me down to the dudgeon and put a barrier spell on it so I will not escape.

She has always locked me away in the dungeon when I angered her. My parents always argued because of it and Amara would sometimes sneak in and keep me company.

But that day was different. Because my mother was stood up at the altar, and found out of my father's affair. She killed Amara and had locked my father away in the tomb at an isolated island. I've managed to break through the barrier and stole a page of my mother's grimoire, which contained the only copy of the cure for immortality.

I even took of what was left of the elixir of immortality . I was going to runaway for home, but my mother caught me. I told her that I knew everything of the affair and knew that the elixir that she and my father were creating wasn't for the three of us, but for my father, my self, and Amara.

She disowned me of course and was also going to prison me somewhere, but I used my powers to leave her unconscious and fled somewhere far away, and one day, I had altered the elixir, making it into an elixir of vampirism and drank it, turning into a vampire-witch hybrid. I became even more powerful and unstoppable.

Its hard to believe this happened about a millennium ago.

No. Tatia is not Amara.

Sighing softly, I look down to my hands and see he flames that surrounded them. They quickly disappear as I calm myself down and look back up. Tatia and that man were no longer in sight.

I decide to walk around the village to see if I can spot them once again, but because I was not paying attention to where I was going, I bumped into some one.

"Forgive me sir, I was not minding where I was going" I face the man with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"not to worry, milady, as you see I am in one piece."

"yes, that ma be true. Please accept my kind invitation for a drink as a form of apology."

"it'll be a bit rude if I refuse the offer coming from a beautiful lady as yourself."

"Do you speak like that to every woman you meet?"

"Notquite. the last woman I spoke like this to her, she ended up with my elder brother instead."

"such a shame." I say as we walk our way to the tavern.

"you're not from around here, are you?"

"I a not. I came here looking for someone."

"ah yes, don't we all?" the man jokes.

A giggle slips out from my lips. "The name's Celina Salvatore."

"it's a pleasure to meet you, Celina. I'm Niklaus Mikaelson, but some call me Klaus."

"well the pleasure is mine, Klaus."