Back home

*Klaus POV*

All the lights were off by the time Elijah and I came back to the compound. I figure Rebekah is over at Marcel's place and Kol has already left town. The only ones here should be Freya, Keelin, and Hope.  They all seemed to be sound asleep.

"it's been quite the evening,  don't you think Niklaus?" Elijah pours two glasses of scotch and offers me a glass.

"Indeed it has been, brother." I accept the drink and take a sip. "at least I get to be apart  of my daughters life. I missed most of it, but at least I get to watch her graduate one day and watch her fall in love, and fight those who want to harm her."

"I believe Hope will be more than happy to see you."

"and yours  as well, bother." I take a big gulp of my scotch and set it down.

"Niklaus,  how is it that I never knew of Celina?" Elijah changes the subject.

I hesitated to reply to Elijah, remembering of the days I've spent with her. Her smile, her beauty, her kindness and her lies. She was the first woman I ever loved and the first one to have hurt me in the worst way possible. I hate her with a passion.

"Because she's not important, brother. She might have helped us defeat the hollow but, I do not trust her. She's up to something. I just know it." I form my hand into a firm fist.

Elijah quietly finishes up his drink. The room was still and the only noise surrounding the room are the sound of breathing and snoring coming from Hope's room and Freya's. By the time Elijah set his glass down, his gaze met mines.

"I do not know her us much as you do, brother. But I could tell by the look of your eyes, she was once dear to you. Just like Hayley's dear to me." Elijah says. "Though I do find it quite odd she had saved your life. And why would she appear now for the first time in over a thousand years?"

"exactly,  brother. This seems quite suspicious." I agreed.

I think back to what Celina has said to me before we left her dungeon.  What did she mean when she said I owed her one"? What is she going to make me do? It sounded more of a threat when she added that I may regret it if I refuse to do whatever she has planned.

"is something on your mind, Niklaus?" Elijah notices my grave expression.

"Its about Celina. Before we left the dungeon, she told me I owed her one." I raised my voice higher than I intended,  but I couldn't help it. Rage spread through my lungs. "like I asked her to safe me in the first place.  I voluntarily wanted to sacrifice myself to kill the hollow. I wanted to do it for this sake of Hope, for Hayley's, for this family! And you.. You wanted to die by my side, brother."

"I did.. I even hoped to see Hayley on the other side with you.. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was.. How I blame myself for her death. I could have saved her. I wanted to let her know how much I loved her."

"I think she knows, Elijah.. Hope told me she was at peace. She even left a message for you."

"I know." My older brother sighed. "I believe you should see what Celina wants. It'll be a great opportunity to get close to her and find out what's she is up to. Her fate would be decided from there. If you say she's bad news, then I'll stand by your side and deal with her."

I nod in agreement. "alright brother. I highly doubt she's an ally. She is the daughter of Silas Salvatore after all, and we both know how trouble some he was.. I just wish I was  who ended his life."

"do you still hold a grudge against Silas?"

"that I do. He made a fool out of me. Not to mention he made me believe he was Caroline with his stupid Illusions. I despise him with a passion. Celina is no different.  Both of them are the same."

"Yes and her mother, Qetsiyah Bennett was troublesome as well. She was Silas's crazy ex- girlfriend."

"that she was.. I'm glad we don't have to deal with them anymore.  I image those two are rotting in hell."

"Maybe.." Elijah placed his hand on my shoulder. "how about we call it a night? We must wake up early tomorrow if we wanted to see Hope off."

I nod and we both started heading upstairs. Elijah went straight to his room and I began walking to mines, but I suddenly came to a stop I front of the door to Hope's bedroom.

Reaching for the doorknob,  I twist it open and I quietly helped myself to her room. Her stuff were already packed for when she heads back to school in Mystic Falls.

I watch her quietly as she slept in peace. She looks as beautiful as her mother. And though I hate to admit, I am glad Celina defeated the hollow. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to surprise my daughter in the morning.  I imagine she would be some what relieved that I am not dead.

"sweet dreams my littlest wolf." I whisper quietly, making my way out the room. And cautiously close the door.

As I head back to my room, I couldn't help but think of Celina. It is at this moment when I realized she knows Hope. She mentioned it before. My eyes changes to gold in rage, imagining that she might have bad intentions against my daughter. If that is the case, I will not hesitate to end her life.