The flee

( a thousand years ago: a few months after arriving at the village)

I watch Tatia as she stepped out of her home with that man again. His name is Elijah, and obviously, they are dating. Some nerve that woman has. She immediately jumped into a new relationship not ling after Godrick's death.

She makes me sick.

As soon as the couple were out of sight, I snuck into her home. The smell of chicken soup filled the room. I assume she won't be gone for long.

I have spent half the time here keeping an eye on her. I needed to know more about her. I had hoped she was as amazing as she sounds when Godrick briefly spoke of her. In the end, I couldn't bring myself to ever forgive her for moving on too quickly.

I pause by the still hot pot and pull out a small bottle I had hidden in my bosom. In that bottle, contained a deadly yellow liquid. It was poison.

"well well well, who could have thought you would do such a thing to that woman." I face the direction of the all too familiar voice.

The familiar figure gave me an emotionless expression.

"You haven't wasted your time trying to track me down now did you, mother?"

"Do you really think I would do such a thing?"

"well, you did rip out the heart of my father's mistress and you did imprison him, so yeah I do think so. Not to mention you tried doing the same to me."

"to be fair, you betrayed me as well."

"how are you still alive? After all this time?"

"I'm not."

"well that's a pity, I wanted to be the one to kill you. I would have kept you locked away as I slowly disembodied you in the most painful way as possible."

The figure cupped my cheeks. "oh Celina, you've always been such a disappointment to me." Her hand moves to my hand holding the poison. "but I am so proud at what you are going to do."

I give her a perplexed expression. "why-"

Before I could finish my sentence, she began to explain herself.

"The existence of the doppelgangers were the result of your father's and Amara's sin. Godrik and Tatia happen to be the fist. There will be more to come throughout the years. Unfortunately, their story will repeat itself over and over again, where they'll always end up together."

"How does this have anything to do what I'm about to do?"

"As you know, I killed Amara, ripping out her heart and showed it to your father. You should have seen the look on his face, it was pathetic." She laughed without humor. "and now, you finally see her true face."

I grip onto the bottle in my hand, causing it to break and the poison to go to waste. "I'll never be like you."

"oh but you are."

"no." I shake my head. My vains suddenly began to from on my face, showing off my vampire side.

The fire that was heating up the pot, moved into my mother's figure, but it had no effect.

"Foolish girl, how do you expect to kill me when I'm already dead?"

"shut up!" I wrap my hands around her neck, gripping it tighter and tighter by the second, until I heard a cry.

I glance back to see Tatia watching me in horror. She runs to the door and I hear her call out to Elijah.

I look back to the figure of my mother, but she was gone. The neck I was strangling belonged to a little boy. I quickly let go. I couldn't hear his heart beat.