The stranger part 1

(Over a thousand years ago)

*Celina's POV*

I opened my eyes to see the cloudless sky. The sun hit my face as if it intended to blind me. But the sunlight wasn't the problem. The problem is the irritating sensation for thirst for blood. I felt weak. I closed my eyes in order to avoid the sunlight in my eyes. Not long after, I feel a water that has been tainted with vervain hit my face, burning my skin.

"hey you get up."

I open my eyes and look up at a European knight. His eyes were dirt brown and his black bread was shorter than his hair. Without a word, I silently do as I was told. The vervain chains imprisoning my hands had burned off the flesh from wrist.

"now eat." He set down my plate.

The knight gobbled down on his wine and ate his eggs. I look down at my share of food which was less than half of what he was eating.

It didn't matter to me though. I have refused to eat no sooner than when he had bought me off of some fat pigs. This was a few weeks ago.

They don't know what I am. All they think I am is that I'm a slave that can go long period of time without eating, which automatically makes me a witch. Which I am. But they don't know that I'm immortal that feeds of blood.

"why do you drink vervain water and forge your sword and chains in vervain?" I ask, sounding like a mere whisper.

I need to be sure if he knows what I really am. Vervain is a vampires weakness. And he's been using it against me. Worst of all, he's been drinking it for the last couple of weeks. If I were to feed off of him and free myself, I'll need to keep him off of it.

"my father was sort of superstitious. He said it'll protect me from the night demon."

"the night demon?" I ask as I discreetly use my magic to open up his leather bottle and dump out the vervain water.

"yes, my grandfather even met the night demon. She fools men with her beauty then her true form appears as soon as she finishes playing with them and feeds off their blood.. My father saw her drink my grandfather's blood and killed my grandmother at a young age, but one thing they discovered was that vervain was her weakness." He explains. " ever since that day, my grandfather always made sure to keep stock on vervain at all times.. Also, he vowed to seek vengeance. If he died before he could, then my father would fulfill his vengeance, then if he died before that, then I will do it."

I think I remember this happening several decades ago. I remember killing a woman and fed off of her husband. I would have drained his blood completely too if it weren't for their son who attacked me.

"Matthew Ross Donovan was that your grandfathers name." I free myself from the chains. "what makes you think you can defeat me? I'm a thousand year old powerful immortal witch. Vervain can't kill me. It hurt badly, but it doesn't kill me.

The knight pulls out his sword, "I should have known you were the night demon. "

I reach out my hand and set the knight on fire. His sword fell out of his grasp and let out an agonizing cry as his body burned. When the fire stopped, there was nothing left, but his ashes.

The hunger for blood grew. I knew I could have tried feeding off of the knight , but the thing that stopped me was the vervain that might have still been in his system.

Looking over at his horse with the grave hunger I felt, I walked to it and sank my teeth into it. The taste of horse blood was nothing like human blood. It is the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. I prefer to die of hunger. Quickly pulling away, I decided to get on the horse and go looking for human blood.