The interrogation

(The present)

Regaining my conscious, my eyes wonder around at an unfamiliar place, getting on my feet, I notice a circle made out of salt surrounding me.

Great, a barrier spell.

I remember what had happened before I lost conscious. I had been injected with something. Probably vervain to weaken me. It probably was mixed with something else in order to knock me out.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was Keelin who injected me. Freya must had been the one who put a barrier spell on me.

Up ahead, I spot Klaus walking my way.

"I haven't been trapped in a dungeon in over two thousand years." I say looking around.

"oh good, you're up. I hope you don't mind me leaving that mark on your neck."
Placing my hand over my neck, I feel a wolf bite. "a single wolf bite would normally kill a vampire, but since you're an original, you'll have an endless urge of hunger, hallucinate, and feel like you're in the verge of death. And the only cure is my blood, but I'm sure you already know that, now did you?"

" what do you want Klaus?"

"Answers" he briefly describes. "what are you doing here in New Orleans?"

" I've already told you, to stop you from committing suicide. You can't leave Hope without her only living parent. Especially since her mother died not long ago."

The hybrid's cold expression does not change. He remains about two feet away from the salt circle that's imprisoning me. He doesn't seem like he believed a word I've said. Then again, I did practically threaten him after I took the darkness out of him.

"but why? because you thought Hope would be upset? Just because your father chose to die with the woman he loved doesn't mean Hope would turn out as pathetic as you. Unlike you, Hope understood why I wanted to sacrifice myself for her sake. Sure she wasn't happy about it at first, but in the end she gave me her blessing."

"oh I understood why he did it." I decide not to give him any more details on that.

I don't want to go into details about how I went to see my father before I met him, and the whole speech on how he planned to die beside Amara and the whole thing about me understanding when I find someone and fall in love.

I place my hand over the ring that Klaus had crafted for me about thousand years ago. Then I detach my fingers from it shortly after and placed it on the wolf bite over my neck. Fortunately, I had an illusion spell on the ring this whole time while I was in New Orleans. Therefore, he cannot see it.

"I know there's more to it. There's something you're not telling me."

"what can I say? I have a soft spot for kids." I shrugged. "Family is everything to me. I was not going to allow a member of it die."

The scenes between my two thousand years of living began to play in my head. Good memories of my own family excluding my mother, then unpleasant ones of my unintentionally taking a life of Godrick's and Tatia's boy.

"And what's that have to do with anything? I am not your family."

"You're right, you're not." I cross my arms. "a thousand years ago, I intended to kill someone out of rage. I had spied on this person for months and I came in conclusion to take the life of this person and their lover. In the end, I ended up killing a child instead. Then out of guilt, I fled. I never forgave myself for that." I paused. "so there you have it. I did it for redemption."