The Past Is Not Over

It felt good to see the fear in her face as her eyes fell on me. Would you not react the same if your mildly violent psychotic ex, that you thought dead randomly appeared? Alive, at that? Adonis cradles Monika in his arms as he caresses her hair. That is mine. He knows nothing of what we had. What she went through to get me. Yuri, Natsuki, Sayori. Monika. Monika. Monika. Her name rings heavy in my mind as I clench my hands around the curtains. The girl I'd loved was gone, forever. And now her replacement was running around with a man claiming to make all her dreams come true. I am supposed to win. I wait for about an hour until Adonis walks back downstairs, his hands full of soiled sheets. He doesn't know her at all. He knows nothing. His confident stalk is pure evidence that he has not seen her for who she is. Sayori. Sayori. Sayori. "Adonis." Monika screams, holding her face as she sees my shadow on the wall. I'm gone by the time he comes running in. His hair is disheveled and his eyes are drawn. He looks like a man who deserves a dose of karma. Adonis climbs in bed next to Monika and they fall asleep, holding each other as if the whole world is alight. Burning to ruin. I leave three cuts in her arm, similar to those I had seen on Yuri more times than I could ever remember. The blood soaks the sheets and I draw my finger to my mouth after dragging it through the now present, puddle of blood. She tastes just like I remember. Adonis shifts and I move downstairs, dragging my other bloodied fingers down the railing of their huge staircase. They believed I was dead, that I would never find them. But those who have unfinished business always come back. It's just the trick of the trade. Doesn't matter if they're ready or not. Cause I am, and here I fucking come.