I Don't Have The Strength To Follow You To Hell

Everything was alright. MC and Sayori were useless to the cause and Monika's murder was the key to my freedom. I walk silently out of the gates that had become my prison for the last decade and I take a deep breath. I sit on the curb as I wait for my taxi and I smile. "I am a killing spree in white." I sing along with the music pounding through my earbuds. I will live with Natsuki and Yuri now. The home for the troubled girls as we've come to call it. Monika and Adonis will be coming to have dinner with us and I'm excited for my new family. The car stops in front of me and I sigh as I climb into it. Daddy came into power when I was 8, but my big brother got the brunt of it until he died from testing. I shake my head and stare out the window until I pull up outside. Natsuki is at the front window, smiling and waving wildly. My heart burns at this. Natsuki is the only person I've ever met in my life that's made me feel this way. Adonis was lukewarm and arranged, but Natsuki was pure fire. I step out of the car with my bags and press a kiss to the top of Natsuki's head as she squeezes me to death. "Hello bimbo, I need help with brownies. Throw your shit somewhere and come give me some help." Natsuki barks, turning and running inside. I smile weakly and follow, tossing my bags to the side of the entryway. Yuri stands at the counter in a short dress, her hair in a braid as she frowns at the batter. "Nat, I still don't think I'm doing this right!" Yuri exasperates, turning pink with effort. Natsuki simply rolls her eyes as I hear footsteps. I move to sit quietly at the table while I wait for instructions. "Yuri, you can make tea, which is WAY harder than baking." Monika says, huffing between chuckles. Adonis's hands are reassuring and kind on her waist, his smile bright and jubilant. It was odd to feel joy from people who were usually destroyed and miserable. Myself included. I watch Monika use her pointer to put a dot of flour on Adonis's nose and Natsuki shoves Yuri with her hip. If this is what family is like, I'm not sure I ever want to part. A voice in my heart is humming and singing. It says "Welcome Home."