Savage

I'm not surprised Logan would do this. But I'm conflicted on whether to thank Adonis or hate him indefinitely. Adonis waves at me gently over Monika's shoulder as they kiss and I smile weakly. Logan and Natsuki are snipping at each other attempting to fight. The tension is too visible to bear and my heart sinks. The need for a blade is familiar, but shocking...It's been so long. "Yuri...I'm so sorry. But this is payback for when you cheated on me with Monika." Natsuki stutters, her face pale. Adonis's face changes at hearing these words and looks disappointedly at Monika. Monika shakes her head and I feel pity for her. She deserves this happiness and Natsuki is going to rip it out from right underneath her. I grab Natsuki's arm and look her in the eyes. "I didn't love Monika." I say, my lip quivering as the urge to feel myself bleed rises to dangerous levels. "That's true, honestly." Monika nods, her mouth in a straight, terrified line. Natsuki rests her head against my stomach and I stroke her hair gently, too afraid she will run if I tell her what I'm feeling. Logan looks at me, destroyed. My heart yearns for pain. I release Natsuki and move the the kitchen. I look at myself in the reflection of the window and frown, the knife so comforting in my hand. I pull up my sleeve and feed myself. The scars on my arms give easily and I moan with relief. I'm home again. "Yuri? I know what you've done." Monika whispers, coming behind me. "I couldn't help it." I sigh, letting the knife fall into the sink. Monika hugs me without my turning around and I am stricken with regret. "Why?" "I needed it, Monika." I feel Monika shake her head and apologize for Adonis's smugness. "We are too much alike for our own good. But he doesn't know how to love you guys yet." Monika laments, looking into the living room at Adonis speaking quietly with Natsuki. "I don't trust him Monika. Something bad is going to happen." I warn, holding my bleeding arm gingerly. "You may not. But I do." Famous Last Words.