Ashes

I thought I knew secrets. I know just about everything, but I never expected this despite the signs being right in front of my face. I turn away from Yuri's bedroom door as the springs of the boxspring creak. Natsuki deserved what I said. I sink to the floor to think for a moment. "My, Monika is going to enjoy this." I chuckle, running my hands through my hair. "Hey. What brought you up here, my sweet Adonis?" Monika sighs, her eyes finding me as she searches the hall. "We have a development, Monika." I smirk, rising from the floor. "Oh, you know just how to peak my interest." Monika cooes, her eyes closing blissfully as I kiss her nose. I take her hand and lead her back down to the kitchen. Monika follows dutifully, her ponytail bouncing cutely against the thin fabric of the dress we made together. I never imagined someone like her could be so calm and it brings me solace. I feel strangely complete. Monika gives Yuri a hug with a pouted lip, her eyes dancing with mischief. That's my good girl. "I have a secret." Monika whispers to Yuri, biting her lip. Yuri's face hardens and she slams the tray of cookies roughly onto the counter. We take into the living room, the plumped and pillow-filled couch inviting. Monika sits close to me immediately, her face deep in my shoulder as my arm takes it's rightful place around her small form. Yuri blows up at Logan as she descends the staircase. I rub Monika's back gently as Natsuki steps between the two girls, the height difference so comical I almost choke with laughter. Logan slaps Yuri and Yuri grabs her hand before she can deliever another. Monika squirms and sighs with excitement, but I lay my hand over her mouth. Silence is best for watching revenge play out. "Quiet, mutt. The show's starting."